Mission Elementary Weekly News
January 8, 2022
Return to School Reminders
- Wear their school uniform.
- Bring to school their fully charged device.
- Bring one or more face masks.
Please help us by:
- Not arriving to school before 3:10 PM (M, T, Th, F) or before 1:00 PM on early dismissal days; that is kinder dismissal time.
You will be receiving district communication with updated guidance in alignment with the CDC, CDPH, and SDCOE guidance. It is very important for you to:
- Make sure your students bring a face mask to school.
- Continue monitoring your students daily for COVID-19 symptoms prior to brining/sending them to school. If your student is sick, please call Ms. Cruz, our Health Technician, at (760) 966-8721 for guidance.
Free COVID-19 testing options; please arrive before the conclusion of testing time to be tested:
- Libby Elementary and North Terrace K-8, M-F, 9:30am-4:00pm - Register to test HERE.
- Oceanside HS and El Camino HS, M-F, 8:00am-3:00pm Register to test HERE.
- District Office Conf. Rm 2, M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm - 2111 Mission Ave. (south side of Mission, look for the portable in the far west corner of parking lot) Register to test HERE.
Questions about testing? Please call either 760-966-4081 or 760-966-7882.
- You can also get tested at the Vista Community Clinic.
- TrueCare Oceanside COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
- Additional Vaccinations in Oceanside
- Vista Community Clinic
1/12 PTO Meeting @ 6:30 - Zoom Meeting ID: 870 8409 1233 - Passcode: PTO
1/17 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
1/18 Minimum Day Tuesday - Dismissal at 1:05
Tutoring: Before and after-school tutoring continues on Monday.
Minimum Day -Tuesday January 18: Dismissal for grades TK-5th will be at 1:05. Please make arrangements for your students to be picked up on time.
Would you like to win two tickets to Legoland? Details in tomorrow's special edition PTO Newsletter.
Lost and Found:
- Please encourage your students to stop by the Lost and Found to pick up any sweatshirts, jackets, lunch pails and other property left behind.
- On Friday, January 14, we will place the Lost and Found box by the playground dismissal gate for parents to search for their students' lost items.
- Remaining items will be donated to Goodwill.
Before School Care: ASAP, Mission's after school care provider, will be offering before school care. If you are interested, please complete this ASAP Before School Care Application or stop by our office.
Open Enrollment - Monday, January 10 through Thursday, March 31: Did you know that around 150 of Mission's scholars attend Mission on School of Choice?
- Open Enrollment applies to anyone who want to change schools or 5th graders who want to attend a school other than their residential school.
- Scholars currently on School of Choice do not need to reapply unless they are going into middle school.
- More information and application link.