The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 10/15/2017
Current and former Generals practicing before the game at FHS
8th grade artists working in the studio
Endless gratitude to Lockheed Martin for their generous donation to support the creation of a Robotics Club
- Interest meetings will be held during 8th period on Monday, October 16, 2017.
- Forms are due on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- Physicals dated November 15, 2016 and after are valid for the Winter season.
Questions? Please contact Mrs. King at email@example.com
Don't delay! Order today! Price increases on October 27th.
8th Grade Parents: Please watch your email for the parent ad link. Parent ads may be purchased between now and December 17th. No parent ads will be accepted after December 17th.
The Halloween Social is coming! Get your Costumes ready! Please fill out the registration form below and return it with payment by October 27th.
We are also looking for donations of snacks and water for the event. A link is below if you can donate an item. We ask that you do not send candy with nuts in it.
We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/GKEoOwG
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Any questions? Please contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Magazine Sale Kick Off will be on Monday, October 16, 2017. More information will be coming home with the students on Monday. Please see the attached flyer for highlights: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXR1ZDYm85OTBPdlFyOTBuRnA1LTdRbEpVMEg0/view?usp=sharing
- Our next PTO meeting is Wednesday, November 15, 2017 @ 7:00pm in the STEAM Center.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- If you haven't done so already, please become a member of the PTO! Membership and volunteer forms can be found under the PTO tab on our website or by clicking here for the membership form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXMThCNjhmWVNDS2c/view?usp=sharing and here for the volunteer form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXUWJ3cklXZU10cDA/view?usp=sharing
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, October 16: Winter Sports Interest Meetings, during 8th period
- Monday, October 16: Magazine sale kick off
- Tuesday, October 17: Board of Education Meeting - Please note time and location change: 7:30pm at West Freehold School, 100 Castranova Way, Freehold, NJ 07728
- Monday, October 23 through Thursday, November 2: KidStuff sale
- Friday, October 27: Halloween Social, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 31: Winter sports forms due
- Tuesday, November 14: Winter sports begin
- Thursday, December 7: Make up picture day
- Friday, February 2: Pocketbook BINGO!
The Eisenhower Middle School Words of Wisdom Club and Eisenhower Student Government are co-sponsoring a food drive in partnership with the food bank of Monmouth and Ocean County (Renamed "Fulfill") Our goal is to collect at least 3,500 canned food items by Friday, December 08th. To date, we have collected 332 canned/non-perishable packaged food items. Students and parents may drop off donations in the front portion of DDES in the boxes marked by grade level and staff may do so in boxes marked across from our mailboxes. Our school is participating in the annual program initiative and we look forward to another successful food drive. Last year, the Eisenhower Middle School was one of five schools in Monmouth and Ocean Counties combined to net donations of 5,000 pounds of food to the food bank. Thank you for your willingness to combat hunger in our local and surrounding communities.
Please find listed below the food drive data collection by grade/division:
- 6th Grade = 107
- 7th Grade = 102
- 8th Grade = 105
- Staff = 18
Total Canned/Packaged Goods Donated: 332/Goal of 3,500+ Canned Goods/Packaged Goods = Attained 9.4 % of our goal
- If you would like to update/change your contacts in Genesis, please email Mrs. Patmore at email@example.com
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program: For those currently using the government assisted lunch program, please be aware the expiration date is October 23, 2017. In order to avoid interruption in this service, please complete the 2017-2018 application as soon as possible. Please note that any lunch charges incurred after the expiration date are your responsibility. These forms are also to be used by new applicants. Following is the form to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch. English: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXbG5nZ0ZyZTJ1VUk/view?usp=sharing Spanish: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXMFF5dW84Mm5HSzMyZmpfU2FRRXVmdUs0eEdr/view?usp=sharing
- Learn more about the FRHSD Magnet Programs here: http://frhsdmagnetprograms.com/site.php. Applications are now open for 8th grade students. Please see the links below for additional information regarding the FRHSD Magnet Programs.
- You may find the Monmouth County Vocational School District Career Academies Overview and Online Application here: https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions.html. Please see the link below for additional information regarding the MCVSD Career Academies.
- All of this information is also available on the Guidance Schoology page.