Welcome to Week 11
October 17 - 21, 2022
Week 11: October 17 - 21, 2022
MONDAY - 10/17
- Marie Callendar Pie Sale (C/O 2024)
- Breast Cancer Plush Sale (Girls League) Lunch
- V Girls Golf Finals @ California CC tba
- JV Boys Water Polo @ Walnut 3:30 PM
TUESDAY - 10/18
- IOC Meeting (USB Room) 4th Per.
- Brahma Foundation Meeting 7:00 PM
- V Girls Tennis @ Rowland 3:30 PM
- JV Girls Tennis vs Rowland Home 3:30 PM
WEDNESDAY - 10/19
- LATE START (No Zero Period or AP Science Lab) - 1st Period Starts @ 9:15 AM
- House of Reps Meeting 4th Per.
- FCA General Meeting (Gym) Lunch
- USC Presentation (Career Center) 8:30 AM
- V Boys Water Polo vs Walnut Home 4:00 PM
- JV Boys Water Polo vs Walnut Home 4:30 PM
- JV Football vs Ontario Home 3:30 PM
- F Football @ Ontario 3:30 PM
- WVUSD Salute to Teachers at Walnut HS (Theatre) - DBHS Teacher of the Year, Diana Wai 4:00 PM
- V Girls Golf Finals @ Marshall Canyon tba
THURSDAY - 10/20
- KAPA Parents Meeting 7:00 PM
- V Girls Tennis vs Los Altos Home 3:30 PM
- V Volleyball vs Buckley, Sherman Oaks (Away) 5:00 PM
- JV Girls Golf vs Troy @ Birch Hills GC tba
- ELAC Parent Meeting (ZOOM) 6:30 PM (Click HERE to join)
- V Football @ Ontario 7:00 PM
FRIDAY - 10/21
- Advanced Placement (AP) Fee Reduction Due (click HERE for more information)
- Lafayette Univ. Visit (Career Center) Lunch
- “The Great Gatsby” Fall Play 7:00 PM
SATURDAY - 10/22
- Ribbon Family Festival 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- V Cross Country @ Mt. Sac Invite 4:00 PM
- CIF V Volleyball - Round 2 (Opponent TBD) Home 5:00 PM
- Pre-Show Murder Mystery Dinner 5:30 PM (click HERE to buy tickets!)
- “The Great Gatsby” Fall Play 7:00 PM (click HERE to buy tickets!)
**To see our complete Sports Calendar and CIF Competitions Click HERE!
Hello Brahma Seniors and Senior Parents,
If you would like to purchase a senior ad in this year's yearbook, please see the attached flyer for all of the information. This year we are working with our publishing company, Herff Jones, to provide you with the opportunity to create your ad with their easy to use website. If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook adviser, Mrs. Stacy Tenace at email@example.com.
The Yearbook Staff
Hugo O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership opportunity – DBHS will send one 10th grader to this conference and cover the registration fee. At HOBY, high school sophomores explore their leadership potential through our inspiring leadership development programs. State Leadership Seminars are three-to-four day residential programs, typically held on a college or university campus. For more information visit their website. https://www.hoby.org/ Seminars take place annually between April and June.
How to apply:
1) Students need to write a 5-paragraph essay describing the most rewarding and challenging aspects of being a leader at DBHS and/or our community.
2) On a separate paper, submit a list of all activities, leadership roles, and any honors/awards received.
3) Submit your entry to your GLC, Mr. Patterson, Ms. Duenas, or Ms. Salas.
4) Deadline: Tuesday, November 8, by 3 PM
This year's fall play, "The Great Gatsby" runs October 21, 22, 27, & 29 at 7:00 PM. Based on the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby" follows Jay Gatsby, a man who orders his life around one desire: to be reunited with Daisy Buchanan, the love he lost five years earlier. Gatsby's quest leads him from poverty to wealth, into the arms of his beloved, and eventually to death.
Tickets are on sale at dbhspac.org/buy-tickets, and at the door before the performances. Tickets for "The Great Gatsby" are $10 for students and $12 for adults.
Also, make sure to attend our preshow murder mystery dinner, "Murder at the Cat's Meow" before the Saturday Performances. Tickets for the preshow murder mystery Dinner are $18 students and $20 adults, which includes dinner & a show!
Get your tickets now at www.dbhspac.org/buytickets.
DBHS Athletes of the Week!
Our Week Ten Athletes of the week . . .RAISING THE BAR!
- Girls Cross Country - Ashlynn Sun
- Volleyball - Samantha Doehla
- Boys Cross Country - Aaron Schwartz
- Girls Tennis - Caliah Tan
- Girls Golf - Juliet Oh
Keep RAISING THE BAR, Brahmas!!
Brahma ELAC Parents and Guardians,
If you didn’t get a chance to come to our English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meeting last week, please join us this coming Thursday evening on Zoom! Our meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 20 at 6:30 p.m. Come find out information about the English Learner program at DBHS! We hope you can join us!
Meeting ID: 970 9121 6233
ELAC Representative Nomination Form
If you are interested in serving as the parent/guardian ELAC representative for DBHS, kindly complete the enclosed Google Form. All parents/guardians interested should return their nomination form no later than October 19, 2022. The team at DBHS looks forward to working with you. Thank you for your interest!
Walnut Valley Unified School District has moved to ParentSquare!
We are excited to let you know that starting the 2022-2023 school year, ParentSquare will be replacing Blackboard Connect as the new district-wide communication platform. ParentSquare, will allow Diamond Bar High to unify all parent communication from the district, schools, classrooms, and school activity groups under one umbrella.
With ParentSquare you’ll be able to
- Receive all school and classroom communication via email, text or app
- View and download photos
- View the school and available classroom calendars
It is our hope that WVUSD's partnership with ParentSquare will enable a stronger dialogue between school & home. We also hope it will help empower everyone within the school community to stay connected and informed.
While ParentSquare can send messages through both email and text messages, we believe the best experience will be through the phone/tablet app which you can download by the links below.
You can also create a password for your ParentSquare account on your computer by clicking HERE.
Campus Safety Information
Dear Brahma Students and Parent/Guardians,
Out of an abundance of caution and to communicate important safety updates to our community, listed below are informational resources to empower parent-child conversations regarding the effects of accidental overdose of Fentanyl. Please refer to the following links to learn more about Fentanyl and to guide conversations about staying safe and making good decisions.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff Department: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- NIDA, as part of the National Institutes of Health, offers a wide variety of free publications, education materials, and videos to help parents talk to their children about drug use: National Institute on Drug Abuse
- The Drug Enforcement Administration has issued a Public Safety Alert warning Americans of the alarming increase in the lethality and availability of fake prescription pills containing fentanyl and methamphetamine: Drug Enforcement Administration
We ask that all students who see something say something. Safety and access to a trusted adult is a priority for us. Thank you for partnering with us to keep our students safe. Please call the Guidance Office at (909) 584-1405 if you have any questions.
Reuben Jones, Ed. D