2019 Hays CISD Summer Reading
Introduction to 2019 Hays CISD Summer Reading
To discover specific information about secondary summer reading in Hays CISD, please read the community information sheet(s):
- 2019 Hays CISD Summer Reading Community Information Sheet
- Hoja Informativa Para la Comunidad de Lectura en el Verano de Hays CISD Verano del 2019
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction will continue providing summer reading support to the community with this S'more newsletter throughout the spring and summer.
Questions or concerns about summer reading assignments should be sent to the secondary campus the student is attending or will attend.
*All assignments include a campus contact.
*Additional summer assignments may be found on individual campus websites.
Middle School Summer Reading Assignments for English, Language Arts, and Reading (ELAR) and Social Studies (SS)
Barton Middle School
Chapa Middle School
- Reading Assignment - 6th Grade ELAR
- Reading Assignment - 7th and 8th Grade ELAR
- Reading Assignment - 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Social Studies
- Reading Book List (ELAR and SS) - 6th Grade
Dahlstrom Middle School
McCormick Middle School
Simon Middle School
Wallace Middle School
High School Summer Reading Assignments for English, Language Arts, and Reading (ELAR) and Social Studies (SS)
Hays High School
- Reading Assignment - AP Language & Composition (AP for Juniors)
- Reading Assignment - AP Literature & Composition
Johnson High School
Lehman High School
2019 Summer Reading Lists
Please note that some of the books on the lists may contain mature language, situations, and themes. We strongly encourage parents and/or guardians to preview the books.
While the Lexile Framework is a scientific way to match the reader with text considered the right level of challenge, the Lexile Framework does not take into account student interest and literary merit. We strongly encourage parents and/or guardians to consider readability, interest, and literary merit when helping students choose books.
Phone: (512) 268-2141