Career Center Weekly Update
September 8. 2015
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Career Opportunities for UGA Students & Alumni
City Year, a national non-profit organization, is working with UGA and other universities to hire leaders from around the country to help end the high school dropout crisis. In fact, we already have Alumni in the ranks of City Year.
As a City Year AmeriCorps member, you will commit 11 months of service working side-by-side with fellow corps members to provide individual attention to students who can achieve even more with your help. By focusing our work in 3rd-9th grade, we provide a continuum of care so students who need help receive multiple, consecutive years of interventions and support. Their first application deadline is September 30th! Apply now to solidify your plans for next year!
Contact Ashli Logan, National Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 793-3791 for more info.
II. EVENTS THIS WEEK
Come get your resume critiqued!
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Stay Connected with Us!
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.