ORCHARD HILL HAWK TALK
Be Safe - Be Respectful - Be Responsible - Be a Hawk!
May 29, 2020
As we close out the 2019-20 school year I wanted to thank you all for your support and work these last few months. It has been a huge transition from seeing our students' faces each day in person, to seeing them on a screen a couple times per week. I have my own children at home doing distance learning too and know the struggles you have gone through.
Things are beginning to open up and I am hopeful that we will return to a regular schedule in the fall. I also wanted to take time to recognize our 5th grade students that will be moving on to the middle school next year and wish them well. We are unable to hold a celebration here at school for them but staff will be visiting each one of them to deliver some farewell gifts.
Thank you again for your patience during this time and the work you have put in to make sure your student continued their learning.
Yours for Kids,
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- May 24-29 - last week of new work or assessments
- June 1-5 - finish up any missing assignments, assessments, and final Hangouts
- June 4 & 5th - Chromebook and library book return dates (see more info on this below)
- June 10th - last official day of school for students!
- June 26 - Orchard Hill office closed (no one will be available to answer phone until August)
- August 18 - Orchard Hill office open for 20/21 school year
LIBRARY BOOK & CHROMEBOOK RETURNS
- Thursday, June 4th from 3:00 to 7:00 pm
- Friday, June 5th from 9:00 to 1:00 pm
- Friday, June 5th from 4:00 to 6:00 pm
Families can drive through and hand items to staff. No need to leave your vehicle. Don't forget to bring the charger for the chromebook too!
CHROMEBOOKS AND LIBRARY BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED BEFORE SUMMER BREAK BEGINS.
Intent to Return
As time gets close to the end of the school year, it’s helpful when working on placement for next year if we know if your student plans to attend Orchard Hill for the 2020/2021 school year. Please fill out the form below so we know what your intentions are for the upcoming school year. Be sure to hit the SUBMIT button.
REGISTER FOR 2020/2021 SCHOOL YEAR
If you are having problems with your login information, please DO NOT register as a "new student" to bypass the returning student process. It's creates too many problems. Please call us so we can assist you. We can reset your password and tell you the email that you used. We can help!
We can also mail home the letter that you'll need to register your student. Call the office at 541-779-1766 to make that request.
As the world adjusts to change, one thing that remains constant is the yearbook tradition. We are working closely with Jostens to ensure that the 2020 yearbook is completed, printed and delivered to our students. The yearbook will capture the story of this unique school year.
Given the uncertainties around school schedules, we ask that you please plan to order your yearbook ONLINE ONLY. Yearbooks are only available while supplies last. Yearbooks will be shipped to the school and arrive in June. We will communicate distribution methods and times after they arrive.
Here's a Sneak Peek of our Yearbook!
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB - WORKING FAMILIES SUMMER RELIEF PROGRAM
Call-In Registration Begins
Monday, June 1st at 8:00 a.m.
Talent Membership Services: (541) 292-4851
As always, safety remains a number one priority and the Boys & Girls Club is doing everything possible to keep children, staff, and volunteers protected from the COVID-19 virus. On June 15th, the Grants Pass and Talent Clubs will open a limited Working Families Summer Relief Program closely following the Oregon Health Authority’s Guidelines on School Aged Youth Summer Programs. Within these regulations, there are strict attendance limitations and enhanced safety measures that have defined the way they've structured their Summer Relief Program.
Space is extremely limited compared to their normal summer programs. Please take note of these important details:
- Registration is by Phone Only - membership applications, participant waivers, and additional program information will be sent to you after you are registered
- Call-in Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, June 1st
- Spaces are limited and will be filled by order of phone registration; a wait list will be created
- Youth must be entering grades second through sixth this fall
- Activities for Middle and High School youth are being developed
- Program will be offered at the Grants Pass and Talent Clubs
- Program cost will be $75 per week paid at the beginning of each week; contact Membership Services for financial assistance
We realize that Boys & Girls Clubs of the Rogue Valley is the only place that some of the families in our community can turn to when schools are closed. We are monitoring the state's guidelines diligently and will continue to operate with these limitations in place as long as we are able to provide a safe environment for our youth and staff.
Thank you for your continued patience and support in our Clubs! We are excited to be able to reopen to our community!
Grants Pass Membership Services: (541) 479-1923
Phoenix Talent Schools
District office is continuing to monitor coronavirus developments and will keep our families informed. Important information and updates regarding our school district will be sent to families by our Superintendent via text and/or email. We also encourage you to check our district website at www.phoenix.k12.or.us and follow us on Facebook.