Math Department 3rd-5th Grade
Week 30 News/Updates "NO ANET 4" TEACH2MASTERY
As a Department and a UNITED TEAM our THEME for the next 5 Weeks is "TEACH2MASTERY" with concrete evidence of learning!
This won't be easy. As with everything you have done this year it will take your commitment and will to win! You can do this!
Push yourself to find creative ways and opportunities to "Teach2Mastery" daily! Let the hard and tangible data speak for itself. If students can't perform at mastery on paper independent of support from you, then they have not yet mastered the skill!
Immediate Action: Lesson Plans for Week 30 March 23rd- March 27th Currently Due!!!
Be Strategic with Homework This Week:
- All students are not made the same, so all students should not receive the same homework.
- To maximize your students chances of improving this week, send home leveled homework packets.
- Use the most recent data you have to customize homework packets for individuals or groups of students.
- DO NOT send home skills that students have not yet mastered! It frustrates the student and confuses them even more.
- Send home skills students have nearly mastered and skills students have mastered (but at a more difficult level).
- Be creative with your homework incentive for the next 5 weeks.