Monroe Staff Weekly Update
Integrity * Inclusiveness * Collaboration * Optimism
April 9, 2018
It has been a lonely few days here at school without you all and our students! I am so in awe of the powerful voice Oklahoma educators have found and sure wish I could be there with you every day! Many of you have expressed how exhausting and stressful this past week has been. I can only imagine! Just know that your voice is being heard, you are supported, you are loved and YES, you are MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OUR CHILDREN and FUTURE GENERATIONS TO COME! Hugs to all of you!
NEWS & REMINDERS
- Please continue to advocate for our students but be very careful about making this personal with legislators, especially on social media. Posting comments or memes on social media that are personal and/or reference the way someone looks is not what we're about and won't be supported by NPS. We teach our students to not do these things and we must model the same thing.
- Teachers certainly can provide resources to students to keep them reading and/or reviewing materials during the walkout. We know many of our AP teachers at the high schools are doing this and meeting with students at off-site locations to keep them "engaged" in academic conversations for their AP tests in May.
- NO ASSIGNMENTS SHOULD HAVE COMPLETION OR DUE DATES DURING THE TEACHER WALKOUT.
- Let teachers know that any assignments given prior to the walkout may not be "due" on the day classes resume.
- We certainly need teachers to be flexible and supportive of students and their need to "settle back into routines" upon a return to school... just as our parents, community, and kids have been flexible and amazingly supportive of properly funding Oklahoma education and their amazing and BELOVED teachers!
- The OSTP Test Window has been extended one week. We will not be taking any tests on the day we return to school.
- The due date for Summer School Applications will be extended as many days as the walkout lasts.
- The due date for Pre K Enrollment Confirmation will be extended as many days as the walkout lasts.
- Direct Deposit will be mandatory beginning July 1, 2018. Please see the following documents for more details: Direct Deposit Employee Memo, Direct Deposit Authorization Change Form.
- From Jeff Patterson: This summer NPS will be holding a STEM Camp for K-6th grade students called Camp Invention <www.campinvention.org>. Chris Crelia will be the camp director. The camp will run July 9-13 from 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. a hot lunch will be provided. The full cost of the camp is $235.00 per camper-there are discount codes available. The enrollment cap on number of students we can accept is 120 campers. We will begin sending information about the camp via webpage and social media through Alesha and I wanted you to be aware of this student opportunity. If you have get questions (or have questions) about the program send them to Chris or myself and we will do our best to answer them.
Alan Haberman - April 13
Sandy DeFord - April 22
Amber Roxborough - April 28
Monroe Elementary Mission
NPS Mission & Values
MISSION: To prepare and inspire all students to achieve their full potential.
- Integrity - Integrity is the cornerstone of everything we do.
- Inclusiveness - We positively affirm the unique identity of every individual.
- Collaboration - We collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to maximize our shared knowledge and resources to bring greater value to our students, staff and stakeholders.
- Optimism - We aspire to maintain a positive attitude and expect the best possible outcome in every situation.