Parent Newsletter Week of 5/24/21
Hello Spring Creek Families,
I invite each of you to attend an event "How to Create a Community of Belonging" hosted by EPOCH Education-- Using compassionate dialog to create inclusive communities. Spanish translation will be provided. May 26th at 6:00 pm. See flyer below for the zoom link.
In the next Newsletter, I will give you information about Manzanita Elementary. This information will be a list of teachers at each grade level as well as school start and end time. The staff at Spring Creek are busy packing and preparing for the big move to Manzanita campus. I have attached a PDF of the school calendar for next year so you know when school starts and the dates of winter break etc. Feel free to download a copy for your reference.
If your child is interested in joining the Boy Scouts, download the flyer below.
Summer is Coming! Summer classes start soon. Please consider signing up for some amazing classes for your students. Time is running out. https://conta.cc/3t1bkxO (See flyer below)
Distant Learning Families: Please return your Units of Study and novels to our school office on or before June 3rd.
Fine Arts Week
Order your Yearbook! $20.00 Cash Only Please
Yearbooks can still be ordered with the envelopes that were sent home. If you need a new envelope, please reach out to Sarah in the office at 707 545-1771.
Please report any student absences to the school offices. Due to the increased health and safety rules all absences for students attending in-person learning are very detailed, you cannot call in an absence to your child's teacher. When you leave a message on the attendance line, 707-545-5771 Please completely answer all the questions. This is a requirement per our School Safety Plan.
Daily Home Health Check
- Does the child have a fever of 100* or higher? (stay home!)
- Has the child or anyone in the household been recently diagnosed or is still recovering from COVID? (stay home!)
- Has the child or anyone in the household recently demonstrated COVID symptoms? (stay home!)
- Has the child or anyone in the household recently been directly exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID? (stay home!)
- If you answered these 4 questions "no!", send your child/children to school!
Please read the Parent Handbook, pages 2-3, for more detailed information!
Arrival and Dismisal
YOU CAN HELP US IMPROVE BY:
- Using your turn signal before entering the parking lot
- Displaying your color coded student name plate
- Arriving at your scheduled time and not before
When Dropping a Student Off
1. Please do not show up early. When you show up early it causes major traffic jams in the neighborhood.
We will stagger drop off and pick up times to alleviate congestion
A-G 8:00 drop off, 12:15 pick up
H-O 8:05 drop off, 12:20 pick up start at 8:15.
P-Z 8:10 drop off, 12:25 pick up
1. Pull all the way up before dropping off your child/children
2. Make sure your child is ready to go!
- masks on
- backpack ready
- Name tag displayed PLEASE! if you don't have a name tag, let us know at the entrance and we will provide you with a new one.
3. If possible, don't get out of the car-vehicle. Your child should be able to get out and head to class (we realize this isn't always possible with our younger learners)
When Picking a Student Up
1. Do NOT show up early.
2. When picking up a student please tape the name placards to the windshield or clip to your visor.
- Name placards should be easy to read from 20 feet away
- student name, room number
3. Pull all the way up
4. Do not get out of the car - vehicle
During the arrival-dismissal times there are approximately 100 cars-vehicles waiting to drop off students, your support in making this run as smoothly as possible
is appreciated by everyone involved!
Spring Creek Walkers/Bikers: Please enter at the front gate only. When you enter in other entrances, we will ask you to enter through the front gates because of safety reasons.
Distant Learning Schedule
Distant Learning Schedule:
Learning Unit of Study Packets are due June 3rd. Return to the school site.
Units of Study: If you have questions about your packet, please contact Ms. Lister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afternoon zoom with Ms. Lister (Science) and
Dr. Haupt (Music)
Mondays and Tuesdays:
TK/K/1st Oceans at 1:45-2:30 2nd/3rd Grade: Space at 2:30-3:15
Covid Testing Available
Sonoma County Emergency COVID Testing schedule. Please note: Everyone is welcome regardless of documentation status, no identification needed, and completely confidential.
Here is the link: https://socoemergency.org/events/category/pop-up-testing/
May 28th, Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony 8:45 Information and RSVP sent to parents from their kindergarten teacher.
May 28th is the last day for DL student to Zoom with Dr. Haupt and Ms. Lister
May 31st, Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL
June 3rd Distance Learning Packets due to the school.
June 4th Last Day of School
Odds and Ends
RVEF's final fundraising campaign to keep the Art Docent Program for the 2021-22 school year.
Lunch Schedule Times see Good Food News linked below.
Summer is Coming! Save the Date https://conta.cc/3t1bkxO See flyer below
Having Technical Difficulties?
Call our IT Hotline at 707 542-7375 EXT:1005 between 8:00 and 10:00 for support or email IT@rvusd.org.
Please take a look at the attachments at the bottom of the newsletter for information and resources.