AP World Literature
Summer Assignment & Class Preview
Assignment 1: The Kite Runner
This contemporary novel chronicles the main character's coming of age as Afghanistan's government crumbles. As you read, consider the themes below and track what scenes, events, actions, and characters tie-in to them.
- Exile, favor, who is "in" and who is "out" of soceity
- People's responsibility for the people around them
- Failure and redemption
Assignment 2: The Bible
- What is the author's purpose in writing the individual stories? What truths about the physical world is the book teaching or explaining?
- Where in literature/media have you seen allusions to this work? What stories, symbols, or characters have you seen copied, quoted, or reflected in other works?
- see the questions listed above for The Kite Runner
What to expect from Mrs. Dunbar and World Lit
+I believe in celebrating hard work.