Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: December 7-11
- Checked in with teachers on John Collins happenings.
- Prepared for Season's Readings.
- Participated, monitored, and offered "crowd control" for Season's Readings.
- Attended State Coaches' Cohort meeting on Thursday.
- Helped lead "Hour of Code" session on Friday.
- Checked-in with fifth grade teacher's status for ELA mini-lessons.
- Co-teach ELA lesson in fifth grade classroom.
- Attend Henry Dembowski's John Collins Training on Wednesday.
- Attend State PLC meeting at DO on Thursday.
- "My Robotic Friend" session during our Hour of Code Day was an amazing learning experience for the kids (and me, too)!
- Season's Readings was a huge success! The reading climate and the students' stamina has grown tremendously since last year. I enjoyed sharing a projected e-book (Santa Retires) with my littlest friends in the school (3, 4, and 5 year olds).
In this season, it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle, but I want to remember the reason we even take this time of the year to celebrate.
Also, this time of the year seems to be a personal struggle for so many; I want to be sensitive to that and not be blind to the concerns felt by our teachers, students, parents, and even administrators.