~April 27-May 1~Week 32~
SRI, EDL, DRA, SIRA & Math EOU Assessements begin next week!
May 29th - Assessment Window Closes
June 3rd - ALL EDL/DRA scores need to be entered into Google shared data spreadsheet
K-5: ALL students to be tested on EDL & DRA
2-5: SRI (will take place during library time)
K-5: Math EOU
Remember: We have ran out of of sub money, so EDL/DRA testing must be done during class time. If the situation changes, we will notify you ASAP. Don't leave this to the last minute, you will need all the time you can get.
Math EOU Data Documents
Please see the attached documents to get ready for reviewing your upcoming Math data. Math Analysis Tools.
Please expect for the following items in your box
1. Special edition Caught you being goods
2. Raffle tickets to issue to students for attendance during testing
3. Modified enrichment/prep schedule
4. Do not disturb signage
5. Make up test tracker
VIP: For each day of testing, please pick up snacks in the staff lounge.
Recess schedule during SBAC
April 27-May 1: Leo & DeWall (11:00-11:15 AM)
May 4-8: Nunez, Zucker, Davis (11:00-11:15 AM)
*All teacher cover their own recess
~SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL LEARNING~
Update: Intruder on Campus & Shots fired in the neighborhood
On 4/20, I met with OUSD PD's Sgt. Fregoso, Officer Mercado, Jenny Wong, held a phone conference with OUSD's legal department, & exchanged notes with the maintenance department to discuss our site's safety needs. The following are the updates:
1. Intruder was give a Stay-Away Letter (intruder is 18 yrs old with a mental disability)
2. If the intruder is seen on campus, we will proceed with a restraining order
3. Buildings & Grounds will install an electronic buzzard at our gate for access (more info TBD)
4. ASP staff will be trained on proper lock-down procedures
5. Head custodian & night custodians will follow lock down procedures and will honor their role in securing the campus
6. OUSD PD Chief Jeff Godown will stop by SEED to check in with us on campus safety
7. OPD has yet to contact us about the three shots that we fired in our neighborhood (no updates)
8. According to Sgt. Fregoso, it is unlikely that OUSD PD & OPD will notify us that we need to go on lock-down due to OUSD PD being short staffed & that OPD may NOT communicate with OUSD PD in a timely manner. Sgt. Fregoso gave me his cell phone number & I ensured him that we would communicate any incident to him!
~CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION~
May 6th PD Logistics
The following are the logistics to ensure that teachers get their 2nd prep and also be able to attend the PD at Tilden Campus.
Prep time: 1:40-2:30 PM (50 minutes of prep)
PD @ Tilden: 2:40-3:40 PM (1 hour of required PD)
PD @ Tilden: 3:40-4:10 PM (paid time comes from weekly collaboration budget)
Collaboration: 4:10-4:40 PM (30 minutes of collaboration - paid time comes from weekly collaboration budget)
What is Blended Learning?
Chronic absences increased to 13%
1. Submit a signed copy of your A1 for all observations
2. Submit a signed copy of your A2 for the interim & final (Temp & Prob1 & Prob2)
3. Submit a signed copy of your A2 for the final (tenured teachers)
4. Schedule sit-down meeting to discuss A2 (please see Nancy ASAP)
Update: Regular Recess Duty
Please be at your posts on time.
- 10:00 AM - Parchia
- 10:15 AM - Zucker
- 1:35 PM - Nunez
- 10:00 AM - Superfine
- 10:15 AM - DeWall (SBAC testing, will not be out on recess)
- 1:35 PM - Nunez
- 10:00 AM - Hudson
- 10:15 AM - Reynoso (SBAC testing, will not be out on recess)
- 10:00 AM - Ferrus-Garcia
- 10:15 AM - Perrone
- 1:35 PM - Perrone
- 10:00 AM - Gudiol
- 10:15 AM - Cato
- 1:35 PM - Tapia
Wednesday, April 29th
Submit any reading logs from Reading challenge!
SBAC Spirit week for 4th grade!
SBAC testing for Ms. DeWall & Mr. Reynoso
Beatrice & Marisol to visit potential teacher candidate in Napa County.
4/5 Program Planning Meeting
Schedule A2 sit-down with Beatrice!
NO PD Today - OFF WEEK!
Blended Learning Grant!
More information to come on the vision, plan, pilot, etc.
School Garden coming to SEED!
The grant is of at least $10,000 to invest at our site, along with volunteers to construct, teach students and help develop a curriculum on how to plant and care for the garden.
If you are interested in being part of the informational meeting, please join us in Beatrice's office on April 30th at 1 PM.
PBIS: Positive Behavior Intervention Support
Through a grant to expand PBIS district-wide and we have the opportunity to bring SEED in to this new cohort for the incoming year.
- Team of 4-8 members of the school community
- attend 4 trainings per year
- hold 1 monthly meeting throughout the school year to continue the work
- Sub coverage provided by the district for all trainings
- School gets a PBIS coach
- Team participates in the yearly Northwestern Conferences (1-Oregon & 1-Seattle)
-2 people per conference
ATTENTION Culture & Climate Committee:
Paul, Priscilla, Victor, Mark, Beth, Anne, Simone
We will be participating at an all-day training on May 29th. Subs will be covered; please use the following sub code to call in your absence for that day: 9753312203-1150
This grant supports & compliments our Crew & character development!
Elem. NextGen Science & Language Development Institute
WHO: PK-5 Teachers of Language Learners, with preference given to Science Focus Schools (60 teachers max)
WHAT: NGSS Science, Language Development & Unit Planning
WHEN: Tues., June 16 - Fri., June 19, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
WHERE: Manzanita SEED, 2409 E. 27th Street
HOW: Register via OnTrack (Coming soon!); Paid @ $150/Day
ILT CCSS Retreat (Hosted by OUSD)
This is a required training to provide the necessary time for school teams to learn and plan together on the following topics:
1. Results Based Professional Development
2. Positive School Culture and Climate
3. Aligning Scope and Sequence of CCSS
Who: Principals & 4 ILT members.
Location: Chabot Space and Science Center, 10000 Skyline Blvd, Oakland, CA 94619
Dates: Elementary June 15th and 16th*
Time: 8 AM - 4 PM
Food: Breakfast & Lunch provided daily
Payment: Teachers will be paid the teacher leader rate of $30.12 an hour
Next Steps: Register on "On Track" under the title: Instructional Leadership Team for the Elementary.
Summer Math Lead & Principal CCSS PD
Free Math PD for Principals & Math Leads.
Math in Common site leaders will build greater coherence through shared strategies for CCSS-M implementation, specifically connected to their district’s prioritized vision and outcomes.
When: June 25 and 26.
Where: UC Davis
Registration, accommodation, mileage, and most meals will be provided through OUSD's participation in Math In Common, a network of districts funded generously by the Bechtel Foundation. Teacher Leaders can receive Professional Growth Hours for their participation.
We hope you'll take advantage of this great opportunity.
Phil Tucher, Mathematics Manager
Alan Smith, Chief of Schools
Expeditionary Learning Workshops
Hello leaders of EL schools,
We are delighted to announce the release of the EL National Professional Development Catalog and Calendar for 2015-16! The catalog is comprehensive - please look it over to see descriptions of our 3- and 5-day institutes, site seminars, and regional offerings, as well as important information about the national conference, registration & logistics, and how we approach PD.
The catalog and calendar are posted on our website under Educator Resources>Professional Development. Note that though the catalog includes the calendar (on p. 6-7), there is also a separate calendar, as many people like to refer to it as a stand-alone document. We hope this helps you and your staff as you plan for the coming year.
***SEED will send 3 teachers to 3 out of the 4 Workshops listed below. Please submit your interest to Anne, Priscilla, or Dinah so that we can begin planning accordingly.
Primary Literacy, December 7-9, Atlanta, GA
Becoming Close Readers of Complex Text- Upper Elementary, January 25-27, Detroit, MI
Deeper Learning in Math- Elementary, March 14-16, Salt Lake City, UT
Assessment in Daily Instruction, September 17-19, Denver, CO