Windows 10 App
Getting Started: Paint 3D's Basic Navigation
Text & Effects
Effects: Create unique moods such as calming Mist or mysterious Night by changing the environment and lighting in your 3D scenes. You can even move the sun around a light wheel to change the direction of the lighting.
Canvas & Magic Select
Magic Select: Easy to use tool that allows you to select the part of the image that you want to cut out and remove it from the background. The tool instantly and almost magically pops out your selection onto another layer and intelligently auto-fills the background to hide any gaps.
History Slider: You can undo and rewind all your actions, it’s like an unlimited undo button! The history slider records every change in the scene and allows you to scroll back through time. You can even create a video of your design process to share with friends by click on the start recording button.
3D View mode: This allows you to move around and see your content from any angle. There are also controls to help you zoom in and out of the canvas with the ability to enter a precise zoom amount.
Mixed Reality: This takes your 3D model from Paint 3D and launches it into the Mixed Reality Viewer application so you can visualize the 3D model in a real world context. You can snap a photo or record a short video of the 3D object interacting with your world to share with friends.
How To Video Tutorials
- A Guide to the Effects
- A Guide to Printing
- A Guide to Saving and Sharing
- A Guide to Uploading Models to Remix 3D
- A Guide to Using the 3D Library
- A Guide to the Canvas
- A Guide to the Text Tools
- A Guide to Stickers and Textures
- A Guide to Using 3D Shapes
- A Guide to Using 2D Shapes
- A Guide to Using the Brushes, Colours and Materials
- A Guide to 3D View Mode
- A Guide to Manipulating 3D Objects
- A Guide to Using Magic Select
- A Guide to 2D Selection and Cropping
- A Guide to Opening and Inserting Content