Lord of the Flies Project
Jack's tribe today
A dictatorship consists of one dominant ruler who controls all aspects of their country.
They are in control of not only political aspects but the ruler also controls the social side.
Jack has complete control over his tribe and makes all the rules.
Ralph's Group Today
A democracy is a "system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives" (Dictionary).
Ralph has elections and shares responsibility with his other group members.
He is the type of leader that actually leads by example and wants to do what is right but will take the necessary steps to ensure his groups safety.
If i had an Island Society
- Everyone has the right to speak
- No one can be held against their will unless they've done something severe
- Decisions made for the group will be made for the group
- If you ever want to leave the group you can at any time
- There will be elections to bring people in if they wish
- There will be no unnecessary fighting
- Any group member can start a meeting at any time
- If anyone commits a crime there will be a trial
- People can make side groups but if anyone tries overthrowing anyone with violence they will be shut down as soon as possible
- People can do whatever they want as long as it is constructive and isnt hurting anyone
All of the rules would be enforced with a democratic jury, there could be people appointed to security positions
More than 200,000 Syrians have already lost their lives over the four years it has been raging on for.
There are over 11 million people who were forced from their homes and a full civil war has broken out.
The land has basically turned into a war zone and is trashed. there are homes and buildings with holes in them from grenades blowing up and bullet holes littering every object on the streets.
Chemical weapons were being used by the Syrian government against their own citizens making other countries and more citizens get involved. Many places around the country are uninhabitable due to the use of chemical weapons.
The government is attacking their people and their people are attacking their government.
“Ralph danced out into the hot air of the beach and then returned as a fighter-plane, with wings swept back, and machine-gunned Piggy. (essayfox.com)
- This is just a quote that demonstrates war in the book
“'Kill the pig! Cut his throat! Kill the pig! Bash him in!' Ralph too was fighting to get near, to get a handful of that brown, vulnerable flesh. The desire to squeeze and hurt was over-mastering. “ (page 125).
- This quote basically shows how the whole island is a war zone.