News from Fourth Grade
May 2 - May 6
This week we will be continuing our second integrated reading unit that will focus on energy. We will be exploring forms of energy and focusing on how to use text features to improve our comprehension of a text. Throughout this unit we will be examining why energy is an important part of our lives.
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week we will return to multiplying a fraction and whole number using a picture, a number line, and repeated addition. We will also be looking at word problems. Students will be working daily through a rotation of four stations (independent work, hands on activity, technology practice, teacher group).
Remember students should be completing their math practice problems during the course of the week on turning them in every Friday!
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Weekly math practice (on the back of the Home Reading Log)
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, Prodigy, etc.)
IXL Lesson Suggestions:
- Fractions - Fourth Grade Q.6, Q.7, Q.11, Q.16, Q.19, Q.20, R.1, R.7, S.2, S.4
- Fact Practice - Fourth Grade B.1, C.1, D.1, E.1, F.1
- Read-A-Thon paperwork and pledge money is due Monday, May 2nd.
- Open House/Ice Cream Social - Wednesday, May 4th 6:00-7:30 PM
- Feed My Starving Children Field Trip Permission form due Friday, May 6th!
- Feed My Starving Children Field Trip - Tuesday, May 17th
- Returning Student Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is now open!
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 20 students in our classroom.
Student Council Fundraiser
Used Book Donations
The Student Council is collecting used books to sell Wednesday night at Open House to help with our fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis.
If you have any used books that you would like to donate to the Student Council please bring them in by Tuesday! Then stop by the Library Wednesdaynight for our sale!