Week of September 7th, 2015
Week of August 31st Important Dates
- Labor Day - No School
- Math Curriculum Meeting - Library 3:30 p.m. - 1 Rep/Grade
- Partners in Education (PIE) Representative at Lunch (in teachers' lounge)- Teachers will have an opportunity to share their needs regarding events for this year.
- Dickens at Required Social & Emotional Learning - Annex 8:00-11:00
- Curriculum Night 5:00-6:10
- Patriot Day - Wear Red, White and Blue
- Dickens at Fenton Elem. Principals' Meeting 12:00-3:00
A Look Forward - Week of September 14th
- Dickens at Elem Principals Professional Learning 8:30-11:30
- Principal's Advisory Committee 3:30 - Front Office Conference Room
- PSO Entertainment Book Sales Begin
- K.I.S.S. Day - K-2 8:30-9:15; 3-5 9:45-10:30;
- ELA (Front office conference room) & Math Vertical Meetings (Conference Room 27) 3:30
- PSO General Meeting & Volunteer Training 6:45 p.m. Library
- Picture Day
- Staff Photo at 8:00 a.m. in the gym
Staff Development Day - 12:08 Dismissal
- Buddy Field Day
- Dr. Cobb visits Kellison 8:30 a.m.
- Wear Tiger Shirts
- Rockwood Summit High School Homecoming 5K - Register Here
Rockwood High School Homecoming
9/21-9/25 Homecoming Spirit Week - "There's No Place Like Homecoming 2015"
Circle of Concern Collection --> Kellison is collecting hygiene products.
Monday: Oz the Great and Powerful - Wear green
Tuesday: Twister Tuesday - Wear your wackiest clothes
Wednesday: Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Wear Tiger Shirts
Thursday: Which Witch is Which? - Dress like a twin with your best friend
Friday: There's No Place Like Home - Wear your school colors or spirit shirt
Friday, 9/25 - Homecoming Parade 6:00 p.m.
Kellison will have a group of walkers, along with our very own Teacher of the Year, Jenny Fowler, riding in the parade with Chris Feilner and her husband, Ray! We are excited to celebrate Kellison in the parade and show our school spirit!
Football Game 7:30 p.m.
Rockwood Certified Staff - Please reach out to Suzanne and me this week to set up a time to begin your Professional Growth Plans. We are happy to meet with you individually or as a team. All growth plans are to be finalized and signed by September 15th.
If you haven't already, please take some time to check out Rockwood's new curriculum website. There, you can find a video regarding standards-based grading that will be helpful for us this semester. If you sign in by clicking in the top right corner, you will gain greater access to the information available on the site, including scoring guides, essential course outcomes and more.
8th - Denise Rock
11th - Lauren Bolin
3rd, 4th, and 5th: 9:45 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
We are asking families to RSVP with their special friend's name, so we can create a name tag for them and have them sign in. The office will send you a list of who to expect as visitors to your class that day. Please let us know if you have any questions.