THE Leadership Academy School News
April 5, 2021
Online iPad Agreement & THE Leadership Academy online payment information
Complete Online Agreement HERE
( you will need student’s ID number available in parent portal)
Online Payment through T.H.E Leadership Student Store:
Online Payment Video Instructions HERE Highly suggested or
Stop by the office and pay with Cash.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment OPEN NOW
Starting the week of March 1, 2021, parents may begin to register TK & Kindergarten students at their elementary school of residence. Please view the flyers for details in regards to qualifying birth dates. If you have any questions please contact our school office.
TK & Kindergarten Parents:
1. Fill out the Pre-Registration Here
2. Due to the limited number of people allowed inside our schools' office call before Emailing or taking additional documents to complete registration.
It is required that you complete registration at your assigned school. Click Here for the school locator.
Latest community Update from Dr. Doyle
Communication about Health and Safety:
Families, please keep us informed about the following:
- If you notice any symptoms, please keep your child at home. Notify the school immediately.
- If you have taken a test and it is positive, please inform the school immediately.
- If you have been exposed to someone who tested positive, please keep your child at home and inform the school immediately.
You will share your information with:
- Call the Office: 760 631 6242
- Mrs. Tanya at email@example.com
- Mrs. Morton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your communication in helping to keep our learning community safe.
Amazon purchases make money for THE Leadership Academy
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support
THE Leadership Academy every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection, and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to THE Leadership Academy.
To shop at AmazonSmile:
1. Go to smile.amazon.com
2. On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select Temple Heights Elementary (we are in the process of updating our name to THE Leadership Academy") to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. 3. You can use your existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile.
School Counselor Support
You may also contact Student Support Services by phone at (760) 726-2170 ext. 92180 or by email at MichelleWalsh@vistausd.org.
California Parent and Youth Helpline
Or Call: 855-427-2736
Check out our district website for the latest school lunch and food distribution news:
Virtual Families Weekly Meals
LOCATIONS & TIMES
8-9 AM: Roosevelt; VAPA; Vista High School
11AM – 1PM: Foothill Oak; Grapevine; Madison; Maryland; Rancho Buena Vista;
3PM – 4PM: Vista High School
Intradistrict Transfer Application Open until 3/15/2021
If you'd like your child to attend a different school than your school of residence it is required that you complete the intradistrict transfer which is now open until March 15th,2021. Please complete your registration at your assigned school. Correspondence will be mailed to you once the intradistrict transfer is processed. Click Here for the school locator.
If you'd like to apply to a different school within the district, parents need to fill out our intradistrict transfer with the school of choice. Schools will communicate with each other in transferring the students' information once your interdistrict transfer is accepted.
2019 SARC - School Accountability Report Card T.H.E. Leadership Academy
COVID-19 Prevention Plan for THE Leadership Academy
We are working hard to make sure our campus is as safe as possible for staff and students during these unprecedented times. Our COVID-19 Prevention Plan is based upon the latest guidance received from the San Diego County Office of Education, the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency, the California Department of Public Health and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This Prevention Plan reflects procedures and protocols that will be followed when our school is open to in-person learning for students and also procedures and protocols that will be followed if our school is open for limited services.
Our Site Prevention Plan is posted on our website and can also be found HERE. It was last updated 12/1/20.
Let's Work Together!
- Please do not send your child to school if they have any "cold-like" symptoms and please notify us immediately if your child has been exposed to anyone who is COVID-19 Positive.
Please screen your child for symptoms of COVID-19 before bringing them to school each day. We thank you for your attention to this very important process
Specifically, please screen your child for any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19: cough, fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
If your child has any of these symptoms, please do not send your child to school and notify the school of the absence and any symptoms experienced.
Additionally, in the event that your child has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous two weeks, do not send your child to school and notify the school that the student has been kept home for this reason. The child will not be able to return to school until permitted by the School in compliance with direction from the San Diego Health & Human Services Agency and the San Diego Public Health Order.
County COVID-19 Decision Tree (unpdated 2/22/21)
The COVID-19 Decision Tree is been updated recently. The most recent update includes quarantine guidelines based on recently acquired immunity status:
According to the CDC, quarantine is not required for people who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 under the following scenarios:
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past three months and recovered and are not now experiencing another onset of any COVID-19 symptom.
- People who have been fully vaccinated (i.e, two weeks past final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine) within the last three months and are not now experiencing an onset of any COVID-19 symptom.