Hoover Elementary School
Family E-Blast 04.03.2016
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday, April 4
- Hoover Spirit Day: Hat Day! (All students are invited to make a $1 donation to participate. All donations benefit the 5th Grade Farewell. Thanks for your support!)
Tuesday, April 5
- Kennywood Ticket Sales at Hoover: 11:30-12:00 in Hoover Gym Lobby
- Hoover Clean Up Day (Rescheduled for May: Date TBD)
- Lab Ratz: 3:45-4:45PM
Wednesday, April 6
- Quarter 3 Report Cards Available on Dashboard: Released by grade level (you will receive an email notification when your child's report card is available)
Thursday, April 7
- Grade 2 Field Trip: Heinz Hall
- No AM Kindergarten (PM Kindergarten still in session)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: 5:30-8:30PM
Friday, April 8
- No School (Grades K-5)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: 8:00AM-3:30PM
The CLO Visits Hoover!
Band Pyramid Concert
Hoover Spirit Day!
Quarter 3 Elementary Report Card Release
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the main office.
Spring Conference Calendar Opens
With the end of the third quarter drawing near, it is time to begin thinking about Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences. The Spring Conference schedule will be available to families beginning on Tuesday, March 29th. In order to schedule a conference with your child’s homeroom teacher please follow the directions below:
- Login to Dashboard using your Guardian Account username and password (not your child’s account).
- Under the heading "Dashboard Navigation" scroll down and click on the "More". This will provide links to a list of tools.
- Under the heading “Calendars”, select the Hoover Parent Conference Calendar.
- Select your child's homeroom teacher.
- The times available open under the teacher’s name. If the time is already reserved it will appear as Full. Look for an open time and click Join Event. You will see that your time, name and e-mail appear on the right of your screen. In the future, when you log into the Dashboard/Parent Conference Calendar you will see your conference time which will be your reminder.
- Please schedule only one 15-minute time with your child’s homeroom teacher.
- To select a session for another student, repeat steps 3 – 5 under that student’s homeroom teacher. Try to leave 15 minutes between conferences to account for pass time between your conferences.
- If you can’t keep your original conference time, re-schedule for another time slot on the calendar. The original conference will need deleted. Please contact Mrs. Wetzel via e-mail or call the office so this can be addressed.
- If you have any difficulties or questions, please call the office at 412-276-7411.
PSSA Testing is scheduled to begin in April for Grades 3-5. All tests will be given in the morning and should be completed by lunchtime. Below is a summary of the tentative testing schedule. Your efforts to ensure that your children are in school and on time for these days are greatly appreciated.
Reminders and additional information will be sent home as the testing window draws nearer. Please remember that pre-approved absences will not be granted for students in Grades 3-5 during this time.
- English Language Arts: April 11, 12, 13, and 14
- Math: April 18, 19, and 20
- Science: April 25 and 27
If you have specific questions regarding PSSA testing at Hoover, please contact the main office.
Kennywood Ticket Sales
Kindergarten Registration Continues
Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is currently open throughout the Mt. Lebanon School District. Children who reach the age of five before September 8th are eligible to enter Kindergarten in the fall. If you have a child or know of a neighbor who is eligible for Kindergarten, please stop by the main office to pick up a registration packet.
This is a wonderful time of the year as we welcome many children into the Mt. Lebanon Elementary Community and begin our planning for a new school year. Additional details about our Kindergarten program can be found on the district's website, or by clicking HERE.
MLEA Summer Scholarships
Your Information: Please inform the office if your phone number has changed from last year, or if it changes throughout the year.
Absences: For an absence, or a tardy, to be considered excused it must fall under the following categories set by the school board. Permissible excused absences from District Schools are: (1) personal illness/medical appointments, (2) death in the immediate family, (3) traditionally recognized religious holidays, (4) approved educational travel. For your convenience, a standard absence form has been added to the Hoover webpage. Find this and other helpful forms by clicking on the "Parent" link, then selecting "Forms."
Pick-Up/Drop-Off: To ensure the safety of our students, cars should not pull into the driveway between the hours of 8:00AM-9:00AM or 3:00PM-4:00PM. Additionally, please do not park along Robb Hollow in front of the building and exit your vehicle. Specific details regarding the Go Zone procedures can be found below.
Morning Arrival: In the morning, supervision is not available for students on the blacktop until 8:20AM. For safety reasons, students should arrive to school, no earlier than 8:20AM. After 8:30AM, students may use the front entrance.
Lunch/Recess: The school lunch/recess hour occurs daily from 12:00-1:00PM. Students who leave for lunch should return to the building by 12:55 and report to the Main Office.
Visitors: All visitors to the school will need to buzz in at the main entrance door and sign in at the office. We will continue to require visitors to obtain a visitors pass.
Monday, April 11-Thursday, April 14
- PSSA ELA Testing (Grades 3-5)
Tuesday, April 12
- Lab Ratz: 3:45-4:45PM
Saturday, April 16
- MLFE Taste of Lebo: 2:00-5:00PM at Clearview Common
Monday, April 18-Wednesday, April 20
- PSSA Math Testing (Grades 3-5)
Tuesday, April 19
- Lab Ratz: 3:45-4:45PM
IMPORTANT FAMILY LINKS
Elementary Report Card Information
Student Lunch Information