SRES Eagle Times
September 16, 2022 - Issue No. 4
Inspire, Create and Grow a Community of Lifelong Learners
NEWS FROM MRS. HAZARD, PRINCIPAL
Hello SRES Families!
Student work is beginning to go up in our classrooms and in our hallways! It certainly contributes to making a school feel like a learning community! Your students are readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, explorers, historians, athletes, musicians, artists, and more! I love seeing how proud they are of their work and themselves! YAY, SRES STUDENTS!
SRES PTO recognition:
- At our All School Meeting, we recognized, thanked, and applauded Tina White for the outstanding role she has played over the last three years (and several years before that!). Tina worked to ensure funds were raised so that our students and staff had fun and engaging learning opportunities, as well as special treats and recognition (including Teacher Appreciation Week!). Tina also assembled our annual yearbook.
- Tina - you are amazing, kind, and giving of your time and energy! Thank you!!!
- We taught and modeled our Lockdown drill this week. Students were very observant, noticing both what the "students" did and what the "teacher" did when they heard "Lockdown, Lockdown. Locks. Lights. Out of sight."
- Next week, we will practice this drill within classrooms and then build upon this learning so that we all know what to do, no matter where we are in and around the school, should an emergency situation arise.
Email/messaging after hours
- Please know that our teachers' work day is from 7:45am-3:15pm. While you may email outside of these hours, please do not expect an immediate response.
- All teachers have a prep period during the school day and it may be during this time that you receive a reply.
- If you have an immediate need, you can call the school between the hours of 7:30am-4:00pm; or leave a message outside of these hours, and we will call you back during the workday.
- Thank you for understanding that educators need family time, too!
Family Engagement Survey
- Please take a moment to complete THIS very brief survey to help us with planning. Thank you!
- Monday, 9/19: Rockingham School Board meeting, 5:30pm
- Friday, 9/24: No School, InService Day (we will be learning more about Responsive Classroom!)
- Week of 9/26: Measured Academic Progress (MAP) assessment for grades 1-4
- Thursday, 10/6: Picture Day!
- Monday, 10/10: No School, Indigenous Peoples Day
- Tuesday, 10/11: No School, InService Day (we will have a menu of professional learning opportunities!)
- Week of 10/17: NH Dance Institute residency!!
As always, please reach out with questions, concerns, ideas, and feedback. Together, we make a difference!
Your partner in education,
THANK YOU, TINA WHITE!
SRES ACHIEVE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
SRES After-School Programs (ASP) had a wonderful first week! If your student is interested in signing up for ASP they are still taking enrollment for this first session that will continue through the week of 10/24.
This session activities include:
Mondays - STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Tuesday - Arts & Crafts
Wednesday - Exploring Soccer
Thursday - Visit from Grafton Nature Museum staff
Friday - Board Games
All ASP sign-ups will take place through an online form this year! There will not be a paper sign-up process offered. Please note ASP will open up to Kindergarten students in January; however, we are willing to do a week-long trial period to determine if your child is ready for an extended day. Please know that at the end of the trial week, the SRES ASP will make the final decision and will let families know if your child is ready to be enrolled prior to January.
Here is the SRES ASP SIGN-UP LINK! You will need to fill this form out for each of your children by revisiting the link provided.
If you need assistance filling out this form please contact the SRES ASP Site Coordinator, Tina White, or call the school at (802) 869-2637. Please provide your name, phone number, and email (if this applies) when you reach out to her. Tina will reach out to you to help with this process.
Please take the time to review the ASP FAMILY POLICIES if your child is participating in ASP this year.
Sarah Doran is the new Director of After-School Programs for WNESU. Should you have any questions or concerns about your school's ASP please feel free to reach out to her. (802) 518-0963
Greetings from the SRES Health Office
As a courtesy, please notify the school (Nurse Jenn) if your child tests positive for COVID-19. This will help us monitor for the virus better. Please self-report any positives to the Vermont Department of Health at:
If you haven’t returned your signed medical information form, medical release form and COVID consent form please do so as soon as possible. If you need another copy please reach out to email@example.com
Need Health Insurance?
Visit www.vermonthealthconnect.gov or call 1-855-899-9600. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child's health.
Phone: 802-869-2637 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org