Jobs for DAWGS
5.16.16 Alumni Career Services
UGA Alumni Career Services
- Join the UGA Alumni Association Group on LinkedIn
- Download our free Digital Career Guide for iPad
UGA ALUMNI CAREER FAIR, Wed. June 8th 11am-2pm, Cobb Galleria
Alumni Career Services Programs
- Submit Your Resume: UGA Alumni Resume Book, open until May 27th
- Resume Critiques: Atlanta Alumni Center, May 18th 10:00am-2:00pm
- Resume Critiques: Online, May 25th 12:00-2:00pm
- Full and Part time Positions
- Additional opportunities with: Southern Teachers Agency, First Data, Human Care Systems, Zscaler, RSUI, Waffle House, CNN, McDuffie County School District, Yonder: Path Your Career Service, and Hire Heroes USA (Opportunities for Veterans)!
- Government and Non-Profit Positions
Career Fairs & Networking Events
- UGA Alumni Career Fair, June 8th (Cobb Galleria)
- Jewish Family & Career Services, gPATH program, sign up for June workshop!
- Book an Alumni Career Counseling Appointment
- FEATURED webinar: Personality and its Impact on Career Satisfaction
- Jewish Family & Career Services Employment Workshop Series- Free!
- The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
- Check out the ways #UGA16 are finding their job
Log into DAWGlink to apply for these positions!
Monsignor Donovan Catholic High School, Director of Advancement- Athens, GA
Prudential - Financial, Asset Management Analyst- Atlanta, GA
AT&T, AT&T Procurement Consulting Analyst- Nationwide
Red Ventures, Inside Sales Representative- Charlotte, NC
UBS Financial Services, Operations Analyst- Nashville, TN
Nebo Agency, LLC, Copywriter - Atlanta, GA
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Digital Communications Specialist- Atlanta, GA
Waddell & Reed, Financial Advisor/Planner - Atlanta, GA
Stanley Black & Decker, Sales & Marketing Development Program- Nationwide
Pershing Yoakley & Associates, Tax Manager or Senior Manager- Atlanta, GA
Goosehead Insurance, Account Executive- Houston, TX
Magnus Technology Solutions Inc, Android Developer- Nationwide
POND & Company, Civil Designer- Norcross, GA
.....and 730+ more. Check out DAWGlink for more openings.
Candidates do not have to be in a teacher-preparation program or major in education to be considered for faculty positions at outstanding independent schools. While some educational experience is desirable, most secondary-school teachers are hired based on their major—their subject knowledge—and their gifts for working with young people. Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Click here to apply. Because we interview all of our candidates, it can take several weeks to become an active STA candidate. Schools are listing teaching positions now, so candidates should apply now!
STA provides a free service for candidates.
Director, E-Commerce Fraud Products pg. 1
First Data is hiring!
Director, E-Commerce Fraud Products pg. 2
First Data is hiring!
Human Care Systems is hiring!
Unit Manager position pg. 1
Waffle House is hiring!
Unit Manager position pg. 2
Waffle House is hiring!
CNN International Sales Operations
CNN is hiring!
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
Make a Career Counseling Appointment through DAWGLink
**Do not use GOOGLE CHROME as a browser. The appointment function will NOT work.
Alumni Webinar: Personality and its Impact on Career Satisfaction
During this recording, we will go through an informal assessment of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to verify personality type and consider how our personalities fit into the workplace. Learn about the strengths in your personality and understand your potential blind-spots.
This may also be eye opening in understanding some of your coworkers or your boss and will help to bridge the communication gap. We hope you enjoy this informative and interactive recorded session!
Check out this 50 minute webinar to learn more!
The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
The Iron Yard Atlanta is offering a $1000 scholarship to members of the UGA Alumni Association to attend one of their immersive courses in software engineering or design at their Downtown Atlanta Location. Enrollment is still open for their next course in Front End Engineering, starting June 29. From those looking to dip their toe into the world of software to those who want to dive deep and find a fulfilling job, there's a place at The Iron Yard. The options on their course pathway meet you wherever you're at and guide you to the next step of your journey. Read more at:
* All UGA Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF ALUMNICAREERS (Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.)
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.