The American Revolutionary era
Causes of the American Revolution
Lexington and Concord April 19, 1775
2. 8 minutemen were killed and 10 were wounded in minutes.
3. The British army was easy to spot because they wore their Redcoats witch were coats that were red.
4. Most of the weapons in Concord got hidden or concealed from the British.
5. The British were at Lexington and it was only 15 miles away from Concord.
Common Sense January 10, 1776
2. This helped the citizens get a economic freedom and self defense against the military.
3. This pamphlet sold 500,000 copies and was made in Philadelphia.
4. This helped the citizens tell the king that the government was over powered.
5. This pamphlet was published anonymously by Thomas Paine.
Declaration Of Independence July 4,1776
2. The person that wrote the Declaration of Independence was Thomas Jefferson.
3. This declaration was made for everyone that wanted freedom from Britain.
4. Without this document we wouldn't have America.
5. When they sent this to the king they told the king that he violated the colonists with the taxes.
Battle Of Saratoga September 19, 1777 – October 7, 1777
2. This was one of the greatest victory's for the American Forces.
3. The Patriots made the battle field into obstacles so they could make it harder for the Americans to fight.
4. Burgoyne had to surrender his whole army to General Horatio Gates.
5. Howe captured Philadelphia before the British did.
Winter at Valley Forge 1777
2. George Washington took 12,000 men with him to Valley Forge to be disciplined and to be stronger.
3. They had no battles there but the only battle was the brutal winter.
4. 2,000 men died and the rest survived but they grew stronger.
5. Some of the men had no clothing at all so they would be really cold every day.
Battle of Yorktown 1781
2. The patriots bribed one of the American officers named Benedict Arnold.
3. There was an African American slave that was a spy and acted like he wanted to fight for the British but he didn't want to fight for the British he was spying on them.
4. This battle was the last battle of the American Revolutionary war.
5. The patriots took the the British army to prison.
Treaty of paris 1783
2. The British allowed the settlers to settle and trade in the west.
3. The patriot soldiers got to go home after the war.
4. The delegates took 2 years to make a peace treaty.
5. The treaty was made because the British couldn't afford for more troops.