Rasor Elementary eNews
October 19, 2015
The Book Fair is here!
- October 19 through October 23
- Books may be purchased from 7:15-3:15 Monday through Friday
- The Book fair will be open during Literacy Night, Thursday, October 22, 6-7:30 pm
- October 19-23 - Book Fair
- October 20 - Art Reflections Workshop - 5th Grade
- October 21 - Fall Picture Day (Pictures taken Wednesday Morning)
- October 22 - Literacy Night 6:00-7:00 (Bookfair till 7:30)pm
- October 23 - Report Cards sent home
- October 26-30 Red Ribbon Week
red ribbon week is coming - October 26-30
- Monday "Sock it to Drugs" - Wear crazy or mismatched socks (students will sign anti-drug pledge cards and receive an anti-drug pencil)
- Tuesday "Team Up Against Drugs" - Wear your favorite sports team shirt/jersey (We will have an assembly at 8:00 to watch the the Power Team)
- Wednesday "Put a Cap on Drugs" - Wear your favorite cap
- Thursday "Living Drug Free is No Sweat" - Wear sweat clothes to school (jogging suits)
- Friday "March Away from Drugs" - Wear RED and march in the Rasor Red Ribbon Parade at 8 am.
We need cars for the parade! Jeeps and convertibles wanted!
Bedtime Math - A New Math site and a GREAT resource!
Last week it was reported in the journal Science that the use of this App over the course of a year improved children's math skills by as much as three months more than their counterparts.
MLK Jr. Art Contest 2016
We are looking for original artwork to be displayed in public as part of the Plano Independent MLK JR. Celebration on January 21, 2016. Entry must be received by November 11, 2015. Click here for application.
Key Communicators - We need you!
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Obtain information to share with your school community
- Suggest topics of district-wide discussion or interest
- Gain a knowledge of the structure of the administration and how to communicate within it
- Communicate information gained from meetings
- Contact Staci Camp at 469-752-2911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and locations for meetings:
· February 3 – 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Sockwell Center (6301 Chapel Hill Blvd., Plano, TX 7509)
· April 14 – 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Plano ISD Administration Center, Board Room (2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075)
Ways to Connect
Grade Level Web Pages and Social Media
Teacher Websites and Twitter - New Sites Added!
Art Website - www.tinyurl.com/artrasor
PACE - www.tinyurl.com/rasorpace
Music - www.tinyurl.com/rasormusic
Kindergarten - www.tinyurl.com/rasorkindergarten
1st Grade - www.tinyurl.com/firstrasor Twitter - Rasor_Firsties
2nd Grade - www.tinyurl.com/rasorsecond (NOTE: when you click on this site, you will be asked to join in order to view)
Third Grade - www.tinyurl.com/thirdrasor Twitter - @RasorThird
Fourth Grade - www.tinyurl.com/fourthrasor5th Grade - www.tinyurl.com/rasorfifth Twitter - @Rasor5th