Dr. Douglas Otto Middle School - March 31, 2014
Patrick Briggs visit a Great Success
Staff Member of the Month
Some kudos for Jamie:
- Jamie has been so kind, professional, resourceful, giving, positive (and the list goes on & on) since I've met her from Day 1 this year. She's always going above and beyond the call of duty with such an infectious energy.
- Jamie is always willing to help and puts others before her needs.
- Jamie is such a positive influence on the campus. Students and parents love her and she is well-respected by the staff.
Bonny Pan - Experienced Teacher of the Year
- She always thinks of the student, is an awesome teacher and the students like her even when she is tough on them.
- Bonny goes above and beyond for her students. She is always available to work with them or even just to talk. She has worked hard to form relationships with her students and it shows in the way her students respond to her. I hear nothing but great things from Bonnie. The love she has for the subject and these kids is great. Otto is lucky to have her.
- Bonny is an outstanding teacher and great role model.
- Mrs. Pan works hard to assist her students. She is always willing to go the extra mile to make sure her students have all the tools needed for success.
- Bonny goes above and beyond to help our students and staff become as successful as possible. She is very kind and has done a great job with our kids.
- Bonny works hard everyday to ensure the success of her students. She is the first person here and last to leave. Every day she is planning new ways to teach her students. She gives her students a 100% every day.
Shelley Lytle - Beginning Teacher of the Year
Joining our staff this year, Shelley Lytle has taken the campus by storm with her energy and positive attitude. Congratulations to Shelley for being selected as our beginning Teacher of the Year. Some comments from her colleagues:
- Shelley is very positive and motivational teacher. She creates new ways to engage in her students and always teaches with her heart. She is an exceptional first year teacher and inspires me to do my best every day!
- She goes the extra mile to help her students. She is in close contact with parents and builds strong relationships with her students to maximize their potential.
- Shelly's enthusiasm and talent embodies everything one looks for in a teacher.
- Shelley is a good teacher and a very nice person. She works hard to ensure that our students get the best each and every day.
- Shelley is an amazing teacher who works hard to meet the needs of each and every student.
- Shelly is an amazing first teacher. Stepping into her classroom, you would never know this is her first year to teach. She is confident and enthusiastic with her students, motivating them to work hard, taking time to know them and their needs, and expecting their best.
- Shelly always has a smile on her face and a helpful heart. She is positive and inspirational. You can tell her students really enjoy her class.
2013-14 Calendar Adjustment: Make-Up Days Waived
The State has granted two waiver days to be used for the purpose of professional development on Monday, June 9 and Tuesday, June 10 (with the students’ last day still being June 6). This means that staff will be working two, eight-hour days on June 9 and June 10.
For campus professional staff whose contracts that were originally scheduled to end on June 6: if they have accrued personal leave hours, with their principal’s permission, they can take accrued personal leave instead of working on June 9 and June 10. Remember, professional staff does not accrue compensatory time because they are not hourly employees and are not non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
For campus paraprofessional (hourly) staff whose at-will agreements and paraprofessional contracts were originally scheduled to end on June 6): In lieu of working on June 9 and June 10, and with their principal’s permission, they make take accrued personal leave time OR compensatory time (paid in lieu of documented overtime hours, in accordance with the FLSA, for paraprofessional hourly non-exempt workers).