Sunday, February, 2024
Bonlee's Vision: As a school built upon a solid foundation of community support, professional expertise and STUDENT AGENCY, Bonlee School will produce students
whose levels of 21st-century skills are unmatched.
From your proud principal...
Please continue to talk to your student about their LiveSchool points. You should be receiving a "Weekly Recap" via email each Friday. This report shows the number of points your student earned as well as the number of demerits received (see picture to the right). If have not signed up to receive these reports ask your child's teacher to send you the code. CLICK HERE to see a brief video. Our next school wide celebration will be the week of April 22. The Mobile Morehead Planetarium will visit Bonlee thanks to our wonderful PTA's sponsorship! Your student must have a certain ratio of positive LiveSchool points to demerits in order to attend the event.
This week is National School Counselors Week! Please let Ms. Morrison know how much we appreciate all that she does for Bonlee students. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few things to note:
- Sandra Young, Chatham Central High School Counselor, will meet with 8th graders at Bonlee on Feb 21 at 8:10 about the registration process.
- Curriculum Night @ Chatham Central High School - February 22nd 6-8 pm in the Gym.
- All departments will be there to answer any questions families may have from 7-8 pm. Principal Dark will be holding an 8th grade parent presentation on the high school registration process in Chatham Central auditorium.
- Monday, February 5
- Kids Hear Challenge/American Heart Challenge begins. More information below
- Tuesday, February 6
- ELA NC Check-in for grades 3-8, Please dot not plan any absences on this day.
- Home basketball games vs. George Moses Horton
- 8th Grade Athlete Recognition Night
- Wednesday, February 7
- Math NC Check-in for grades 3-8, Please dot not plan any absences on this day.
- District Spelling Bee at Chatham Central High School, 6 pm.
- PTA Worknight (Donnalds, Campbell, Oberlander, Thurman), 6 pm
- Thursday, February 8
- Away Basketball Games vs. Moncure
- Friday, February 9
- PTA Sponsored K-5 Sweetheart Dance
- K-2, 5:30-6:30
- 3-5, 6:30-7:30
- Beta 6-8 Dance, 7:30-9:30
- Monday, February 12-16
- NGAT Screenings for Second grade only
- Wednesday, February 14
- Valentines Day
- Bonlee does not accept flowers, balloons, stuffed animals for students.
- Tuesday, February 20
- Feb. 20 General meeting and PTA Fashion Show (Edwards & Suits)
- Wednesday, February 21
- Sandra Young, Chatham Central High School Counselor, will meet with 8th graders at 8:10 about the registration process.
- Thursday, February 22
- Curriculum Night @ Chatham Central High School, 6-8 pm in the Gym
- All departments will be there to answer any questions from 7-8 pm.
- Wednesday, February 28
- Class Pictures & Spring Individual Pictures
- Thursday April 18
- Bonlee Science Night w/ Duke Energy, 6-7:30
- Progress Report and Report Card Schedule
- Want to know how your student is doing now?
- Contact your school's data manager and request a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to get daily access to your student's current grades, assignments, and attendance.
- More information can be found on the CCS PowerSchool webpage.
Congratulations to 3rd Grade for winning the Box Top Challenge!
Here comes the bus app that has been replaced with an edulog parent portal.
Edulog Parent Portal is now up and running. CLICK HERE to find an instructional video and step by step instructions on how to download and sign in.
Bonlee's AMAZING PTA Thrift Store Rep is retiring after this year and we are looking for a PTA Thrift store representative to assume the position for the 2024-25 school year. Here are the requirements:
- One Monday evening every 3 months, all the school reps gather at the Siler City PTA store to sign up for worknights, which takes about an hour and a half. Then the rep assigns the nights to groups of teachers, athletics, clubs, etc, and lets the teachers know.
- There is a monthly meeting of all the county PTA reps by zoom in the evenings (Tuesdays 7pm) to discuss how things are going and any changes that need to be made to the store, business decisions, and hours.
- You also have to pick up work night sign in sheets each month from the store and double check the hours earned. This is just a double check of adding all the time together for that month.
- Sign up for the work nights at now done through SignUp. You earn 8 hours a month for being the PTA rep plus your hours spent at meetings.
- Jennifer is willing to train her replacement for the remainder of this school year and they would assume the position in June.
- Any additional questions can be sent to Jennifer Thomas at BonleeSchoolPTAThriftStore@gmail.com
- We also need a Website/Social Media Chair who will take the lead in design and building of a website using our Giveaways platform, creation of images and flyers for events as well as maintaining organization social media (along with the board).
- Any questions can be sent to Lauren King-Dillon at BonleeSchoolPTA@gmail.com
Our AVID spirit week will be February 5-9, 2024!
- What is AVID? Advancement Via Individual Determination, a non-profit organization that provides professional learning for educators to close opportunity gaps and improve college and career readiness for middle and high school, especially those traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
- Currently all 6-8 graders at K-8 schools implement AVID organizational and WICOR strategies (Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Rigor). Next year 4th and 5th graders will begin AVID implementation.
- This spirit week will be a time to celebrate the many accomplishments and successes of our students and teachers.
February is American Heart Month!
Engaging in regular physical activity, eating a heart-healthy diet and avoiding tobacco are important to wellness. But do you know so is mental health? It can positively (or negatively) affect your health and risk factors for heart disease and stroke. That’s why Kids Heart Challenge, a fundraising, service-learning program, provides lessons, tools and activities to support both mental and physical well-being for our students, families and staff. SCAN the QR code to go to learn more.
- Starting on Feb. 5th, we will be kicking off the Kid's Heart Challenge for all K-5th graders and the American Heart Challenge for all 6th-8th graders. As a Kids Heart Challenge or American Heart Challenge Heart Hero, your student will meet kids with special hearts and raise funds for the health of all hearts. They’ll also get moving with fun activities, learn about keeping their hearts and brains healthy and feel great for helping others. CLICK HERE to read survivor stories.
- Students will also be fundraising for the American Heart Association. K-5 fundraising winners will get a chance to pie Ms. Murchison in the face. Middle schoolers who complete "Finn's mission", will get to attend a special breakfast.
- Amber Shaw, P.E. Teacher at Bonlee School, is the event facilitator. If you have questions, email her at email@example.com
Please volunteer to help at the dance or to bring items for the dance:
- Link to register (same link for QR code). https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdowbQZEL0taRbjksk9vwcc6Wfe_Sf-Uxqlt_5AyBZx6RI93w/viewform
- Link to donate items. https://signup.com/go/JZTSyEC
- CLICK HERE to read about our rock.
- Sign-up-genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040D48A9AE2DA3F58-44889995-rent#/
- Reach out to Jayme Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Free School Breakfast
- All Chatham County Schools students will be offered free breakfast daily.
- Follow CCS School Nutrition on social media for our daily menu updates on Facebook ChathamCoNutrition & Instagram @ccsnutrition.
- Students who do not want breakfast are encouraged to go through the line and get a snack for later in the day.