Barrington Chinese Immersion Council - May 2019
This is a Special Edition Newsletter!
On numerous occasions over the summer, we will offer your kids a Chinese activity - they can learn the basics of Martial Arts, and even learn Chinese Calligraphy! A lot of effort has gone into this super fun-packed schedule, and we are pleased to offer it to you and your family. Many of the instructors are leaders in their field (find additional info when you sign up online). So please consider supporting the BCIC organization by attending one (or more!) of these excellent classes! We are so fortunate to have these available for us!
Sign Up for the "BCIC Summer Culture Club" Classes!
- Looking for something fun with your kids to do this summer? Want to keep their Chinese up to speed and have fun while doing so? Pick and choose from 10 hands-on activities offered by BCIC. Many classes will be instructed by leaders in their respective fields.
- Select some dates that suit you, and learn something new with your child. These activities are for both parents and kids (no drop-offs!)
- Classes are $10 each. To sign up, click on the link www.bcic220.org and then click on "Classes" (top right of page) A portion of the $10 fee may be used to support participation of Greencastle residents in our summer program.
"BCIC Summer Culture Club" Details, cont'd.
- Thank you to Greencastle of Barrington for donating the use of their community room for our BCIC Culture Club programs, and an instructor for the Tai Chi class.
- Friendly reminder: families are welcome to contact Sue Hulet directly to set up their own volunteering initiatives with Greencastle. Her phone number is 847-382-1650
- Contact Sylvia Shen with any questions you may have. email@example.com
MCTA Speech Contest Winners!
Countryside School Receives BCIC Donation for New Playground
Potluck Dinner Fun!
More Summer Activity Ideas on bcic220.org
In addition to our Summer Culture Club, there are great art and cultural events happening around town this summer! You can read up about many more Chinese-centric activities in the Chicago area, as well as some ideas that can be done at home! Click the link: www.bcic220.org. We'll also be posting events on Facebook and would appreciate your feedback. If you haven't already, please connect with us on Facebook! We'd also love to hear about other relevant cultural events happening around Chicago or the Midwest region this summer! And if your summer vacation plans include a trip to China, another Mandarin speaking country or one of the many great Chinatowns around the world, please share your photos or experiences too.
Also, Smart Farm of Barrington grows Asian vegetables and herbs for Greencastle! This local organization welcomes our BCIC families to volunteer at the farm! Volunteers are needed for spring clean-up and regular work days on Saturdays. More information is available at http://smartfarms.org