Weekly Penguin News
Park Village Elementary - A 2018 CA Distinguished School
08/25 - D.A.D.S. Work Party | 9 am - 12 pm
08/28 - Student Council Info Meeting | 8am @ Lunch Area
08/29 - Back to School Night | 6:00 & 7:00 pm @ Classrooms
08/30 - Ice Cream Social | 3:20 pm @ Lunch Area
09/02 - Labor Day | No School
Go to http://parkvillagefoundation.com/pves-calendar/ for additional calendar events
Go to https://app.peachjar.com/flyers/all/schools/52513 for PVES digital flyers
A Message from the School Counselors
Welcome to a new school year! We are so happy to be returning as your Park Villages School Counselors again this year. We look forward to reconnecting with old friends and making new friends during this first month of school. As your school counselors we hope to help students learn positive coping strategies and effective social skills. We will continue to provide individual and small group counseling, conflict resolution, and to teach valuable skills for learning during our "Second Step" and the "Bullying Prevention " classroom lessons. Please let us know if we can help you or your child in any way. The best way to reach us is by e-mail: Molly Engblom (Mondays only) firstname.lastname@example.org or Jackie Cardinale (Fridays only) email@example.com
Let’s make this an incredible year of learning and personal growth!
Student Council Info Meeting
Penguin Page Turner Book Club
Penguin Peace Leaders
Welcome PV Families!
Did you know that most elementary schools in PUSD do not receive the supplemental science, art, music, PE, and technology offerings that are provided here at Park Village? For the 2019-2020 school year, we need to raise $160,000 to continue providing the enriched curriculum that is no longer funded by the State.
Keep an eye out for the pledge drive letter and Golden Envelope that will be coming home in your child's homework folder or backpack today. Families who donate via our website or Golden Envelope by Wednesday, September 18, will be entered to win (1) one topping personal pizza from Round Table (5 winners), (2) free Souplantation Meal coupons (4 winners), or (4) Disney Park Hopper admission tickets (1 winner). Join us today in continuing the tradition of excellence at Park Village!
Friday Ice Cream Social
Spirit Wear is here!
Various styles and colors to choose from. Samples are available for sizing, located on the garment rack outside the office. To order, go to https://parkvillagespirit.myshopify.com/. Online store closes Sunday, September 8. Items will be delivered to your child's classroom the week of October 8. All sales are final. Please contact Bobbi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
D.A.D.S. Group – First meeting Sept 20, 7PM, Location TBD
WHAT: Determined And Dedicated Support.
- We hold events that enhance the school experience for families, including Movie Night, Pancake Breakfast and Car Show, Bike Safety and Canyon Ride, Astronomy Night, and Canyon Quest.
- Do projects around the school that “fall through the cracks” by the district or small projects that are not worth the hassle of trying to get them to do.
- We volunteer some time and effort, usually no experience is necessary. Any amount of time is appreciated.
- Part of the Foundation, so all costs for the events are reimbursed.
- Anybody is welcome to come to meetings, help out at events, and plan events.
- We need all the help we can get. Recruit other Dads!
- D.A.D.S. Group was awarded the CA State PTA’s prestigious “Golden Oak Service Award” in 2019.
- Have Pride in YOUR school and BE A HERO in the eyes of your kids, spouse, teachers, and school administration!
- We are the most visible, premiere volunteer group on campus. Get a free DADS T-Shirt – only to those who help out for an event or work party!
- If we can get just one more kid to like school a little better, work a little harder, and be more successful in school and in life then it’s worth the effort.
- We have fun at the events and meetings and get the satisfaction of accomplishment.
- Get to know a great group of parents.
Check out our activities on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ParkVillageDADS/
Contact Victor Chan, D.A.D.S. Group President, at email@example.com
Online PTA Membership
The Park Village Parent Teacher Association (PTA) would love to have you as a member for this school year. We work closely with the Park Village Foundation to provide our students and families with the best experience this school can offer! Please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
You can register online: https://jointotem.com/ca/san-diego/park-village-elementary-pta
Congratulations to Marcela Raices, winner of Disneyland tickets from last year's PTA Spring Membership Drive raffle.
The School Library Needs You!
Do you have 15-60 minutes to help on campus once or twice a week? The library needs your help to put away books and help keep our program running smoothly. The total time commitment and day is flexible, and no previous experience is necessary.
Volunteering at the library is a great way to support reading and learning and it’s a huge help to every student and teacher on campus. If interested, please email your name, email address and availability to email@example.com. This year’s library schedule and opening day is TBD. I will contact you with more details soon. Thank you!
- Mrs. Fleming, Park Village Librarian
Welcome Park Village Penguins!
Meet, Greet, and Popsicle Posting
We had a great turnout at the Meet, Greet, and Popsicle Posting event on Tuesday. Students and families enjoyed otter pops, courtesy of the PV Foundation. Plus new this year, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Science Field Day, Foundation, PTA, D.A.D.S., and Friends of the Foundation were onsite to answer questions about their programs.
Congratulations to our raffle drawing winners!
$50 Picaboo gift certificate - Rachel and Max
(2) Souplantation Meal Vouchers - Tam
Welcome Back Teachers and Staff!
Yearbook Photos Wanted!
Book Fair Chair Needed For Next Year
Book Fair chair/co-chair needed for next year 2020-2021. This will be my last year at PVE as I have a 5th grader, so I need someone to shadow me throughout this year as we host a Fall book fair, as well as a Spring one. One person can easily chair the book fair however, two people would make it extremely easy. Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions. Thank you!
Sandi Kerkhove, firstname.lastname@example.org, 858-335-5518
Yearbooks On Sale Now!
Order your Yearbook by September 30 to receive 15% off the regular price! Don't wait - this is the biggest discount (and lowest price) of the 2019-2020 year! Each yearbook comes with two free, custom pages. Plus, earn $5 for PV Foundation AND a tree is planted with every purchase. https://tr5.treering.com/createAccount/101471725840797
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Box Tops is Going Digital!
BOX TOPS is transitioning to digital submission! It's now easier than ever to earn money for our school. Download the app, scan your receipt, and your earnings will instantly show up in the PVE account.
During the transition you can submit via CLIPPING or SCANNING
- You can still clip box tops that you find in your house or in stores as long as: (1) they have an expiration date that has not expired and (2) they say "CLIP" on the Box Top.
- Please continue to send in your "clipped" box tops to your child's teacher as many box tops that are still on products do not expire until 2022!
- The new method of submitting Box Tops is to scan your receipt via a downloadable app. The new style Box Tops will say "SCAN" and may only be submitted this way.
- You have 14 days to scan your receipt otherwise, it becomes invalid.
- Please watch the "how to" video below for more information & instructions.
Contact Box Tops Chair, Sandi Kerkhove, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions