District 4: Solar
The Energy Games
Society/ Political/ Economy
- Self-reliant societies
- Once solar panels are installed, you have an essentially independent source of electricity that's your own
- Solar energy can avoid price volatility, unlike fossil fuel markets
- Sun is an unlimited commodity that can be sourced from many locations, meaning it is less vulnerable to price manipulations and politics
- Energy security: no one can buy sun and turn it into a monopoly
- Rising and setting of sun is constant and predictable
- Ongoing free energy that will last for a long time
- Beyond initial installation of solar panels and maintenance, solar energy is free
- Doesn't require expensive, ongoing raw materials and there is significantly less human labour involved
- Life expectancy of solar panels is up to 40 years
- Cheaper than increasing price of fossil fuels
- Little to no transportation costs involved
- Creates jobs in many different forms such as:
Manufacturing, installing, monitoring and maintaining solar panels, to research and design, development, cultural integration, and policy jobs.
Everyone benefits from using solar energy.
Solar energy is less vulnerable to price inflation, volatility and politics
Solar energy creates many jobs in many different sectors
Job Opportunities in the Solar Energy sector
Solar jobs can come in many forms, including but not limited to manufacturing, installing, monitoring and maintaining solar panels, to research, design and development jobs.