CSA Lincoln Newsletter
April 22nd, 2016
PRINCIPAL'S NOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS
- We will be continuing ISTEP testing next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Thank you for making sure your student is at school on time and ready to go. They have been doing a great job and we know they will finish strong!
- I was very impressed with the 2nd grade Genius Hour presentations last night. I've included a folder of a few students who presented.
- Miss Deyerling shared a few pictures from their recent trip to the Indianapolis Zoo as part of the insect project. Click the button below to access these photos!
- 6th Grade Chicago Trip- There will be a parent meeting next Wednesday, April 27th @ 5:30 pm in the gym. If possible, we would like at least one parent to attend if you have a student going on the trip. Final details for the trip will be discussed. Students are also encouraged to attend.
- PTO Movie Night- Next Friday, April 29th, is the annual CSA Lincoln family movie night! The event starts at 6pm and the movie is The Minions. Details can be found in the above link.
- Teachers have started planning for next year's class rosters. As part of this process, the CIC updated a student profile form that will travel with your student to their 2016-2017 teacher. While we include academic and assessment results, we have added several other categories that include communication skills, learning style, study skills, amount of teacher support needed, and any other family/ health/ home dynamics the teacher should know. We want next year's teacher to have as much information about your student so they can meet their individual needs.
If you feel like there is any other additional information that should be considered, I encourage you to contact your teacher over the next few weeks. We appreciate your input!
Finally, the background picture this week is from the combined elementary concert. What an impressive group!
Save the Date!
6th Grade Chicago Trip Student/Parent Meeting
Wednesday, April 27th @ 5:30 p.m. CSA Lincoln Gym
Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony
Monday, May 23rd @ 1:30 p.m. CSA Lincoln Gym
6th grade Send-Off
Tuesday, May 24th @ 9:00 a.m. CSA Lincoln Gym
Move Up Day
Tuesday, May 24th @ 1:30 p.m.
Grades K-5 will move up to meet their 2016-2017 teacher.
Wednesday, May 25th All day at Donner Park. Parents and buses will drop students off at Donner Park. More details to come later.
Black Doom by Finnigan Kean
art gallery in main office
Almost Rainbow by Ayla Glick
art gallery in main office
Splatting Paint by Hannah Byers
art gallery in main office
New Teacher Interviews
Here are a few of the 2nd graders who presented at the Bartholomew County Library this week.
CSA Drama Club Announcement
The CSA Drama Club presents
McQuadle: A Dragon's Tale
Friday, May 6 and Saturday, May 7
Central Middle School Grey Box Theatre
Admission $3/adults; $2/Children (through grade 6)
- Our Kindergarten classes are continuing to learn about insects. One of their mantis egg cases hatched and they were able to let them go outside. The classes took a field trip to the Indianapolis Zoo this week and got to do a special butterfly session, where they learned all about butterflies.
- First grade are working on their "Helping Our Helpers" project. They are helping senior adults in our community in a variety of ways.
- Second graders finished up their Genius Hour project this week with their presentations of their projects to parents, friends, staff and their community partners. They will beginning their next project next week.
- Third graders are collecting empty water bottles for their upcoming Urban Design Project.
- Fourth graders have been working really hard on their committees for the Big Blue Football Camp coming to CSA Lincoln on Monday (moved from today). Please let us know if you would be willing to help with the event from 8:00 - approx 11:15. E-mail Project Manager, Shawna Netser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fifth graders are working on there "Here in the U.S.A." Project. They have each got their own states and are learning interesting facts and what makes that state desirable to visit. We are looking for travel agents or other experts on travel who would like to share their knowledge with our students.
- Sixth grade students are working in groups for their "Helping Disasters" project. They have teamed up with their community partners and are working with them on ways they can help.
Central Middle School-Announcements for 6th grade students
If you are interested in participating in sports for Central Middle School next year, here are some important dates coming up soon:
Open Facility @ CMS Football Field - May 3, 10, 17, 24 from 5:30-6:30
Football Call-Out Meeting - May 11th @ 600-6:45 in CMS Grey Box Auditorium
Open Facility @ Donner Tennis Courts - May 3 from 5:00-6:30
Boys Basketball -
Open Gyms - April 28, May 5, May 12 from 6:00-7:00 in CMS Main Gym
Girls Basketball -
Open Gyms - April 29, May 6 from 6:00-7:00 in CMS Main Gym
Cross Country -
Cross Country Call Out Meeting - May 18th from 5:30-6:00 in CMS Cafeteria
CSA Central Open House
While a minor inconvenience, please utilize the crosswalks and crossing guards.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
What is REMIND?
Principals everywhere are forgetting their complex phone trees and are using Remind as a simple way to keep their colleagues in the loop and build community at their schools.
Click on the Get Connected with REMIND above this article.
HUSKY GRAM DRAWING WINNERS