West H.S. Special Education Dept.
Weekly Update, December 1, 2015
Professional Development Opportunities
Tuesday, Dec. 15th, 4-5:30pm
737 East Hudson Street
Choose between one of these fantastic PD opportunities!
1. Co-Teaching 101
Learn the basic components of co-teaching including teacher roles and responsibilities. This opportunity is lead by Dr. Alecia Russell and will be held at Hudson Distribution Center in the Paul Lindquist room.
2. Co-Teaching 102
Learn how to maximize instructional strategies, utilize the expertise of both teachers and increase student engagement in co-teaching classrooms. This opportunity is lead by Dr. Keisha Fletcher Bates and will be held at the Hudson Distribution Center in the Professional Library.
December SPED Department Meeting
Wednesday, Dec. 16th, 2:30-3pm
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
IEP Progress Report Due Dates
If you need address labels for IEP progress reports, Mrs. Payne is able to print them in the main office.
Alternate Assessment Training
If you have a student on your Case Management roster that is alternately assessed, then you are responsible for administering the AA to that student, and are required to attend training.
- If you have never administered the AA or are new to the district, you are required to attend a 6-hour Initial Training.
- If you have attended the 6-hour training in the past, but have never given the AA or have been a second rater, then you need the Review/Refresher Training that lasts 3-hours.
Trainings are offered three times each month during the months of December, January and February. These trainings are sequential. Teachers need to attend one training per month to fulfill the ODE requirement for training.
The ODE AA Power Point (minus the videos), handouts, and other important info regarding Alternate Assessment will be posted to the Google docs AA Folder after December 1.
INITIAL Training (6 Hours)
RSVP to email@example.com one week prior to each of the 3 sessions you plan to attend. You must attend one 2-hour training each month.
Location: Kingswood Data Center, 1091 King Ave., Lab 1 Classroom
- Choose 1 Day: Dec. 14, 3:15-5:15 OR Dec. 15, 4:15-6:15 OR Dec. 16, 4:15-6:15
- Choose 1 Day: Jan. 12, 3:15-5:15 OR Jan. 13, 4:15-6:15 OR Jan. 14, 4:15-6:15
- Choose 1 Day: Feb. 9, 3:15-5:15 OR Feb. 10, 4:15-6:15 OR Feb. 11, 4:15-6:15
REVIEW / REFRESHER Training (3 Hours)
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to each of the 3 sessions you will be attending. You must attend one 1-hour training each month.
Location: Kingswood Data Center 1091 King Ave - Lab 2 Classroom
- Choose 1 Day and Time: December 14, 15, OR 16, 3:15-4:15 OR 4:15-5:15
- Choose 1 Day and Time: January 12, 13, OR 14, 3:15-4:15 OR 4:15-5:15
- Choose 1 Day and Time: February 9, 10, OR 11, 3:15-4:15 OR 4:15-5:15
OPTIONAL Q & A
This session is for ANYONE giving the Alternate Assessment or is going to be a second rater. Stop in anytime to ask questions. There is no formal presentation.
Location: Kingswood Data Center, 1091 King Ave, Media Room
- February 17, 2:30-5:30