Make a Difference in Someone's Life
Community Service for All Ages!
Adult Care of Chester County
Friday, Dec. 13th 2013 at 9:45-11:30am
201 Sharp Lane, Exton, PA
Ugly Quilt Project
Join us as we assemble and sew Ugly Quilts for the homeless. Check out the video below for an idea of what we're going to do. We have quilts that have been started and just need the finishing touches.
Too young to sew? Bring a Show-n-Tell item or 2 to share with the seniors! They also love easy card games or checkers!
FREE - donations of new, clean socks, gloves, scarves & hats are welcome. Travel size toiletries are also welcome and encouraged.
Purpose of Outing: Educational and Social
OLS Hours: 90 minutes of Language Arts and 30 minutes of Social Studies
* Students will understand how the Ugly Quilt Project has helped thousands of homeless people, and realize that they, too, can make a difference.
* Students will use mathematical calculations to determine the number and spacing of knots on quilts.
* Students will engage in communication with seniors through show-n-tell, games, and quilt project.
RSVP by Wednesday, December 11th
Please include the following information in your emailed RSVP:
* Student name, grade, teacher's name
* Adult chaperone's name
* Number of additional children or adults
* Is this your first school year at PA Virtual?
* Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
* An adult chaperone must stay on-site for all PA Virtual events.
* Shoes must be worn at all times.
* All PA Virtual events are smoke-free.
* Pets should never be brought to PA Virtual events.
* To limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
* In consideration of our students with allergies, please refrain from bringing balloons or food containing nut products.