Middle School Friday Wrap Up
September 21, 2018
Back to School Fun Nights Continue
Philadelphia- Flyers Skate Zone 9/24/2018
Hershey- Hershey Arena-Skating 9/25/2018
Reading- Reading Public Museum 9/26/2018
Limerick- Limerick Bowl 9/26/2018
Suicide Prevention Info Sept 24-28
Next week we will provide information to students about suicide. An email was sent earlier today with this information as well as the slides to be posted in the ELA classes.
- Middle School ELA teachers will post the following statement in their class sessions: “September is Suicide Prevention Month. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)”
- The week of Sept 24 – 28, Middle School English teachers will post slides from #BeThe1To. On the first day of classes that week, teachers will read the following to their students:
This is National Suicide Prevention Month. At Agora, we want to focus on action through the #BeThe1To campaign. For the rest of the week, you will see a different slide each day about how you can Be The 1 To make a change. If you would like to learn more about the campaign, you can go to http://www.bethe1to.com . If you would like to talk to someone, please reach out to your School Counselor. This week, you can also “have lunch” with Mrs. Bregenser from 11:30 – 12:30PM in her BBC room https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=559&password=M.7767B7204D3EC9F756EB225B8C1A41 . You can Be The One to make a change!
- During the week of Sept. 24 – 28, there will be a forum each day from 11:30 – 12:30 with Maegan Bregenser, Jen Barrios, and school counselors. During these times, students will be able to visit with our crisis staff to gather more information or just talk.
- The #BeThe1To campaign web address (http://www.bethe1to.com) will be added to our school website along with the information below. In addition, families will receive #BeThe1To materials from our parent engagement team.
The class schedule can be found in the reference guide.
- Scheduling issues/changes
- Major scheduling changes will occur on Friday afternoons so that students can start fresh on Monday.
- Other issues can still be added to the Google Sheet. Please check back for updates. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CHGmpeNNL4xIcO-5JBZw2T45Acsz5mhrK-lbnrQaD8k/edit#gid=0
- If something you added is marked resolved and highlighted in green but is NOT resolved, please remove the highlight and I will revisit.
- Music, Art, and PE started this week. There are still a few issues we are working through but most should be resolved.
- Foreign Language will be accessible to students on Monday 9/24.
- Deadline to request a fall elective/language - Friday 9/28
Deadline to request dropping a fall elective/language for fall- Thursday 11/1
*Learning Coaches should contact their school counselor to request dropping the course.
- The Personal Learning course was added to student accounts this week for all gen ed and level 1-3 students.
- Students will be added to your PLT classrooms next week so that they you may begin scheduling as needed for the week of October 1.
- Please continue to use Homeroom to schedule PLT for your students during the week of September 24.
- More info to come from Colleen.
- Career Course
- The Career Course was added to student accounts this week for all gen ed and level 1-3 students.
- Guidance counselors will be using this course with students.
- More to come from Guidance.
Leadership meeting in KOP Sept 26
Amazing CDT teamwork!
Math- 842 students completed (66.40%)
This is fabulous! Thank you for every ounce of your effort!