The Spartan Standard
Creating Coherent Systems That Promote Learning for All
Something to Think About...
Mary Rose's Schedule
Monday 4/7: PLC Collaboration
8:30 Counselors & H. Bender re: Master Schedule
1:40 PLC Meetings
12:50 Department Chair Mtg.
3:30 Dr.'s Appointment
10:00 Summer School Mtg. @ HHS
2:50 FAC @ New Library
9:25 WASC Leaders Pullout
12:50 WASC Leaders Pullout
3:00 Classified Allocations Mtg. @ D.O.
7:00 Band Concert
Friday 4/11: Glow in the Dark Assembly
11:30 Assembly @ Gym
2:00 Technology Showcase @ ORH
7:00 Staff vs. Students Basketball
Check out the weekly calendar placed in your mailboxes or the school calendar through Outlook to watch. Students love seeing you at their events!
I hope to see you at the Staff vs. Student Basketball Challenge. It is my understanding that CVHS staff is undefeated. The students are hungry...
Our Newest Spartan: Baby Landon Aleman
As we walk through this week, we will be looking for the following:
- Daily Learning Target and the agenda that supports its completion: How does your DLT transform as your lessons go through the Rigor-Relevance Framework? How does your agenda align to accomplishing your DLT? How does your instructional activity match the rigor of your DLT?
- Students talking to each other using Academic Language: How do you create opportunities for students to work together to use academic language as they engage in higher level thinking or high cognitive tasks?
- Common Core Transition: How do your lessons reflect the rigorous skills in the ELA anchor standards and/or the Mathematical practices?
Structured Student Interaction: Please commence/continue/finish your debrief of the structured student interaction that you have observed. Please make sure the discussion and next steps are reflected in the minutes you will be turning in.
WASC: I will be E-mailing you the file that contains the evidence identified by members of the different focus groups that will need to be provided to them to be able to address each criteria for their particular focus area. Please look at the evidence list and, as a PLC, identify those that you will have to provide (these include, but are not limited to, data specific to your course CFA's, pacing guides, UBD plans, lesson plans, meeting minutes, and student work). Identify who has the evidence and where the evidence is. Please gather the evidence and turn in them in to Becky Bravo at the Categorical Office by this Friday, April 11. We will collate them and give them to the groups for the next WASC meeting. Please note that we will look at evidence as far back as six years ago.
Performance-Based Task: The window is now open to administer the Performance-Based task. Please let Alain Garnica-Mendoza know when you will administer your PBT. Let him know how many copies he will need to make for your PLC. Determine the support you will need. Please let Becky or me know if you will need a calibration pullout. We will need to coordinate dates to ensure that we will have enough subs.
CVHS Page on Canvas
A CVHS Canvas page has been created for all to access. I will invite all of you to link to the CVHS page. In the files section are resources for common core, WASC documents, and Professional Development Resources.
For the Common Good
- TEHCNOLOGY UPGRADE: Have you backed up your files yet?
- CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: Asbestos abatement has been done! Construction workers are preppping the classrooms for paint. Please let me know if they are noisy. I have an agreement with them that they will stop if you let me know about their noise.
- MORE TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: As I have previously mentioned in my last bulletin (Spring Break Edition), we are undergoing a wiring upgrade. Now that school is back in session, the contractors will be working in classrooms right after the bell rings at 2:39 and through the evening hours. I have also been informed that Rooms 707, 708, 709, 710, and 711 needs to be rewired completely so teachers in those buildings will lose Internet access for 3 days. As soon as the date is set, I will inform these teachers, so they can plan around not using the Internet.