NU Sports Bulletin
Sports Events, News at Nazarbayev University
NU SPORTS BULLETIN, Issue 18.02.2016
NU CHEERLEADERS SHINE AT KARAGANDY DANCE & CHEER STARS OPEN TOURNAMENT
Tournament featured contests in 4 different age groups: 7-9 year-olds, 9-12, 12-15, and 15 and above year-olds. DANCE & CHEER STARS is the first ever contest the squad participated in since it started operating in Fall 2015.
NU Cheer Team won Silver Medals in 15+ Cheer Dance Show contest, and Valeriya Koncha, a Foundation Year Program student won Gold Medal in Individual Jazz contest.
Join us in congratulating the NU Cheer Team with this outstanding results!
Team Roster (name, school):
- Yelena Alexandrova, SENG
- Dilara Kunafiyanova, SHSS
- Bimarzhan Assatova, FYP
- Saniya Assembek, FYP
- Valeriya Koncha, FYP
- Nazym Zhannatova, FYP
- Gaukhar Dauzhan, SST
- Yerkezhan Batyrova, FYP
- Madina Abzhan, FYP
- Dimaral Abben, SST
- Aliya Muratova, FYP
- Lyazzat Bekish, FYP
- Madina Boranbayeva, SHSS
- Askar Maxim, SENG
- Nurdaulet Altynbekov, SENG
- Yernur Bayakhmetov, FYP
Coach: Nurat Smagulov, International Master of Acrobatics and Gymnastics;
NU FUTSAL LEAGUE
- Division I: Students A League (211 players in 20 teams)
- Division II: Students B League
- Division III: Faculty & Staff League (92 players in 8 teams)
NUFL is ran in cooperation with students sports community in NU Student Government - Minister of Sports Murat Tleukhanov and one of the founders of the League, Alinur Mirassov supervise the league. All games are judged by a student Ref Committee consisting of 10 officials serving all games.
All information on teams, players, results and stats is available at www.imleagues.com. Anyone can join this helpful network.
NUFL action has now continued its games. Staff Division is to play Play-Offs during March.
How to buy a Pass?
- Check with the coach of the class you are to attend for available spots,
- Pay with card at USM financial office (or through bank directly) at office #096, Block22/23, recieve a receipt,
- Bring receipt to Sports Center concierge and receive a Pass you paid for.
NOTE: payments and Pass are to be acquired before 17:30.
For more information on schedules and passes contact Sports Center concierge at +7 7172 705721 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no specific fee related to membership, but attending training sessions at Sports Center will need a pass (any Sports Pass available at NU).
For information about clubs contact club officers directly:
- Taekwondo: Zhandos Abdi @ email@example.com,
- Aikido: Aidana Serikova @ firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Nine Q (togyz kumalak): Ayan Ualiyev @ email@example.com,
- Women Football: Indira Suleimenova @ firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Gym Club: Aibat Akhmediyev @ email@example.com,
- Chess: Aisha Yesbolatova @ firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Yoga: Aigerim Fazylova @ email@example.com,
- MMA: Zhaksylyk Galym @ firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Badminton: Alibek Sailanbayev @ email@example.com,
- Gymnastics: Baizhan Yesbergen @ firstname.lastname@example.org,
- American Football: Rustem Kussainov @ email@example.com,
- Boxing: Nurdaulet Orynbassarov @ firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Judo: Madiyar Bazylkhanov @ email@example.com,
- Legion Paintball: Alaidar Amirseiit @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
NU collaboration with Why Sport? | American Football (VIDEO)
Contact concierge for Passes at +7 7172 705721 or email@example.com.