English II Syllabus
Mrs. Mary Katherine Stigall
English II focuses on reading and writing by allowing students to connect, create, communicate, and collaborate effectively in society. Throughout the year, we will be writing, analyzing fiction/non-fiction/poetry, developing speaking and listening skills for effective communication, and preparing for state-wide assessments which include EOC Reading and Writing. Students will further enhance their critical thinking skills, their ability to work within a group and independently, and their confidence in their writing and reading abilities.
Students should bring:
- 1" binder
- Pack of dividers
- Pens/Pencils (blue or black)
- Pack of highlighters in a variety of colors
- college-ruled notebook paper
- Black Sharpie
- Independent Reading Book (when choices are assigned)
JAVA...It's what keeps us perking!
- Just in case you forget...YOU are responsible for YOU!
- Always respect others as well as yourself.
- Very wise students come to class prepared.
- Attitudes will determine your Altitude!
This is How We Roll!
2. Students have 3 "ICE cubes" (in case of emergency) to be used every 41/2 weeks. These allow students to leave class without penalty. Once these ICE cubes are used, to leave class will result in a demerit. Medical emergencies are not included.
3. All work must be turned in to the assigned class basket. Make sure that your work is your own! Don't forget to SAND your work in the top right-hand corner: Subject, Assignment, Name, Date.
4. Please inform me of any issues early on; I'd love to help if possible, but communication is key!! You are always welcome to discuss any issues with me outside of class.
5. Remember...the bell doesn't dismiss class; the teacher does!! Remain in your seat until dismissed. No students should congregate at the door (pet peeve).