September Newsletter Vol 2
2575 Ed Karbat Rd
Conroe, TX 77301
- Our doors open at 7:30 for all students.
- Students are counted "tardy" after 8:00. Instruction begins promptly at 8:00 and we want our students present and ready to learn!
- Please do not drop off students before 7:30.
- Students must remain in their car till they reach a designated drop off numbered 1-6.
- Students should wear a mask for arrival and dismissal.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30-7:55.
- Transportation changes need to be made by 2:00. Emergency transportation changes can me made no later than 2:30.
- Students will not be checked out after 2:30.
- Dismissal begins at 3:10.
- Please display your car rider sign when picking your students up each day. This is for the safety for all students and to help our staff and substitutes on duty.
- Thank you for your continued support. Lions ROAR to so much more!
Message from the Principal...
We had such a great week. I hope you have enjoyed seeing all the pictures on Facebook of the great things going on at Wilkinson. Each day brings new learning and lots to celebrate. Please check out our Facebook page if you haven't already.
This year, each class begins their day with a morning meeting. We want each classroom to build a culture of family and togetherness. Every morning meeting has specific components we cover and these are listed below.
Greeting: this is a time when each child si greeted by name and welcomed to the classroom that day.
Class News & School News: This is a time to share any events and schedules for the day and also reteach any expectations that needs revisiting.
Teach: during this time, we teach social emotional lessons surrounding our ROAR pillars of Respects, Acceptance, Optimism, and Responsibility.
Take some time to ask your Lion about Morning Meeting. It is one of the best parts of my day to watch our kids share and grow together.
Moving from Virtual to In-person for the 2nd grading period
Remember that the progress report reflects virtual instruction and for many there are missing assignments. This is not a final grade and missing assignments can be made up. We know this was a difficult time for many families and we are here for you. Just reach out to your child's teacher.
We are not printing these to send home, but encourage you to access them through your account. Please call your child's teacher if you have questions.
Parent Access Center
Parent Access Center is a free program available to all CISD parent/guardians that allows viewing of helpful information regarding student attendance, report cards, progress reports, daily grades, state test results, Students Achieving Excellence (SAE), discipline and available lunch money. Parents may also sign up to receive an email alert when an assignment score is inputted or updated.
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Free and Reduced Lunch Benefits
The drop date for students to use Free and Reduced benefits from last year is September 29. After this date, students will be a "paid status" until a new application is completed.
Applications must be completed every school year.
Parents can go online to complete a Free and Reduced application for the 2020-2021 school year. Please contact the school if you have any questions or need assistance with registering your child.
Click here for the online application: https://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/
Read for a Better Life
Text Messages from Wilkinson Elementary & CISD
If you need to pick up your child before regular dismissal we ask that you pick them up BEFORE 2:30 PM. At this time, we are beginning the dismissal process at 2:45 PM. We want to make sure you have picked up your child and are able to leave the parking lot.
Car Rider Tags
Masks or Face Shields
CISD Level 3:
- Students in grades 3-12 are required to wear face coverings in all areas, including classrooms, and when social distancing of at least 6 ft. is not possible.
- Students in grades PreK-2 are asked to wear face coverings while in the classrooms.
- All students (PreK-12) will wear face coverings, as developmentally appropriate and feasible, on buses, during transitions, and in school common areas.
This practice will help mitigate interruptions to in-person instruction. TEA defines "close contact" with an individual who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 as
- being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on while not wearing a mask or face shield);
- being within 6 feet for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes, while not wearing a mask or face shield.
A student who is deemed "Close Contact" would require them to quarantine for 14 days and not be present for in person instruction. Continuously wearing a mask during the day will help your child to not have interruptions or changes in their educational setting.
Please label your child's mask or face shield on the inside and not the outside. This will allow us to identify and return any mask and also for security purposes.
We know that some of our youngest Lions will need help learning to wear a mask, and we will help gradually extend the amount of time they can wear them. Part of what we do each year is help our students develop the skills to meet school expectations. This year is no different. We will work with all of our students to wear masks appropriately.
Conroe Independent School District
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.