E-Staff Weekly for 4/11/16
PSSA ELA Testing
- Please follow all directives per our training session
- Please minimize hallway transitions when possible
- Classrooms and students should remain quiet during hallway transitions
- Students should not be around classroom windows when outside during testing times
- If you should need assistance during testing, please contact the main office
- No homework should be assigned during testing times, "light" academic work during the instructional day. Instruction continues through testing windows.
Voluntary Transfers Letters
Report Cards Dates
Wednesday Communication Folders
21st Century Learning Night
From Chris Brockman
I wanted to ask that if you know of any staff that would be a great addition to 21st Century Learning night (May 31st) that you might encourage them to participate and register using the link below. It would be great if it could be mentioned at next week’s faculty meetings as well. We really want each school well represented at this year’s event. Thanks very much.
Earn 4 hours of flex or 4 hours of pay!
Field Trip Reminder
From the transportation department...We have received numerous trip requests that do not fit within the time frame sent out earlier this school year. Ideally the earliest pick-up time is 9am and return time is 1:45pm. Drive availability still is a problem when trips fall outside these times.
- Linkit benchmarks will be given to students in non-PSSA tested grades (K-2), using Paper/Pencil Format. (the reason for this decision was based upon the fact that PSSAs test the same standards as the Benchmarks; therefore one test is sufficient for that purpose).
- Decisions to provide SPRING Linkit benchmarks to any other student or groups of students will be a building- level decision. If a school decides to test students outside of the required tested groups, the information will be communicated directly to me and copied to the Supervisors and the Director of IT, Diane Miller.
- Harassment (GCN)
- Act 126 Mandated Reporter (GCN)
- Act 71 Youth Suicide Awareness and Prevention (GCN)
- SEL training (Video and Powerpoint presentation) – for new staff members
- Policy 824 – Maintaining Professional Adult/Student Boundaries (will be reviewed in future faculty/department meetings)
Teaching Resources, Inspiration, and Sometimes a Good Laugh!
M. M. Seylar Elementary School
Education is a very personal thing. We at Seylar believe that every child has the right to achieve their highest potential and for them to be inspired, to dream, to be excited, and to have pride within themselves and for their school community. Our mission is to combine these beliefs with your child’s innate passions and love for learning to bring together a mind’s on approach, where students are engaged, challenged, and supported so they can achieve their personal best.