The completion of this survey will inform us of what learning model you are most interested in for your child(ren) for the 2021-2022 school year. Please complete this survey by Friday, June 4
Wednesday, June 2
Monday, June 7
- 7:00pm: PTA General Association Meeting [Please come! Our new slate of officers will be elected, you'll hear updates about next year, and you can learn about ways to get involved!]
Wednesday, June 9 - 5th grade culmination
- 9:15: All guests must be pre-registered to attend!!!
- 10:00-1:00: Please note ending time change! Culmination Updates Here
Thursday, June 10 - Last Day of SchoolLast day of School Schedule
- Cohort A - 8:30-10:00
- Cohort B - 12:30-2:00
The 2021-2022 School Year begins on Wednesday, August 18
If you know your K-4th grader will not be at STARS Academy next year,
For the 2021-2022 school year, students born between 7/1/2016 and 9/1/2016 are eligible for either TK or Kindergarten. Students born between 9/2/2016 and 12/2/2016 are only eligible for TK. Let us know if you need help enrolling! (805) 492-3565
A Message from Mrs. Wall
What a year! It was a challenging year in so many ways, but I am so proud of all we have done.
- Our teachers have done a phenomenal job adapting to the new teaching models and technologies and gave their ALL to make this year all it could be for their scholars!
- Many families have supported kids in new ways as true partners in their education...far beyond what they expected!
- Our students have shown resilience and flexibility and have adapted to very unusual learning/school settings...with smiling eyes!
Next Year? Everyone is wondering what the 2020-2021 school year will look like. JUNE 15 is the date we are waiting for, hoping we will get some clear guidelines regarding schools from State officials. We DO know that we are planning to resume our regular, full-day schedules!
- If you need a refresher, here's the schedule.
- Please complete this Student Learning Model Preference for the 2021-2022 School Year survey. This is for planning purposes only (not actual "enrollment"), so please indicate your preference...based on what you hope to do.
Chromebooks? Students will be keeping their Chromebooks this summer, so they can continue to practice skills over the summer. There are two exceptions:
- If you know your child will not be returning to a CVUSD school in August 2021, please plan to return your child's CVUSD owned Chromebook. Please let us know if you are leaving STARS Academy, ASAP by filling out this form. More details coming soon.
- 5th graders will return their Chromebooks to school ONLY IF they have a STARS Academy Chromebook (touchscreen, CVUSD etching on the front). They will be issued another CVUSD Chromebook, in exchange. More details coming soon.
- If you would rather not be responsible for the Chromebook over summer, please turn it in to the office, during the last week of school.
Summer! I encourage you to get your kids outside to play this summer, as much as possible. They have spent so much time in front of screens this year! Limit access to video games, TV, YouTube, TikTok, and phones. Let's keep the learning going...
- Visit the T.O. Library and get real books and join the Summer Reading Club!
- Through Classlink, students will continue to have assess to computer programs to practice reading and math skills. Make 30 minutes/day of skill practice part of your child's summer routine! Since they will have a Chromebook...no problem! Right?
- Launching tomorrow, June 1 - Sora, a new app in partnership with the T.O. Library, will give students access 24/7 to great books, educational resources, and much more. Classlink will provide instant access to SORA, as well. More info below.
- See below for exciting summer projects/construction happening on campus!
Let's finish strong!
We are in this TOGETHER!
Summer Campus Projects - Measure I & More
We are in the final stages of planning for our new upper grade playground. With a space theme and an ultra-modern look, next year's 3rd-5th graders will be exploring, swinging, and climbing to the STARS!
A very large shade structure is planned for our quad area (between classroom buildings). This will be a great benefit to our students during our outdoor assemblies and events, and will enhance the area as an outdoor-extension to our classrooms. Yay for shade!
Our classrooms from Room 9 to Room 16 & our TK room, will be getting Promethean ActivPanels installed this summer. These 75" touchscreen panels will bring all sorts of new opportunities into the classrooms...some we haven't even thought of yet!
SORA = Read for Free - Digital books - Student App
The collection of titles in Sora is an extension of the STARS Academy and TO Library physical libraries, only it’s in an app with 24/7 access to ebooks and audiobooks. Students are able to check out titles any time...from any where. These digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period!
Sora can help students of all ages read more and improve comprehension. Struggling or reluctant readers and gifted readers can all benefit from this service. The benefits include:
Enriching vocabulary and improved comprehension and pronunciation
Introducing students to books above their reading level
Teaching critical listening
Helping busy kids find time to read
Incentivizing reading with fun avatars and achievements
For more information about using Sora go to:
School Site Council (SSC)
Your Input is Needed!
The School Site Council (SSC) will have one parent representative position available for the 2021-22 school year.
- We would love to have you come to our next SSC Zoom meeting, June 2, at 3 PM, so you can see a little of what we do.
- Complete the SSC self-nomination form if you would like more information or already know that you'd like to be part of the decision making team for our school! (more information below)
Choose your preferred language when you enter the from. / Elija su idioma preferido cuando ingrese al formulario.