Should Abortion be Legal?
By: Haylee Tompkins
Reasons It Should Be Legal
- To prohibit abortions does not stop them. When women feel it is absolutely necessary, they will choose to have abortions, even in secret, without medical care, in dangerous circumstances.
- If the child was posing a risk to the mother or vise versa.
- Say the child is almost certain to have a sever mental illness, or would not ever be able to live with out assistance, then their abortion should be legal.
- If the child's life is bound to be horrible, dangerous and threatening to them.
- Out-lawing abortion is discrimination to low-income women who would have it done anyway in a sketchy back alley medical facility, which could be harmful to their health.
- If women were forced to carry unwanted children, and deliver them, they are most defiantly going to give them up for adoption. This will result in a larger number of unwanted children.
- If the conception of the child was unlawful or created by incest.
Reasons It Should Be Illegal
- Life starts and the moment of conception. The fetus is a living being and doesn't have a choice.
- It may be unsafe to the mother and her health if not done correctly.
- The abortion may have adverse affects on the mother and her family. Mentally, they may suffer from the idea of taking a child that they conceived, that was theirs, and killing them.
- The fact that you are actually taking someones life, that it could be considered murder.
- Adoption is a better option, even if the child is unwanted, at least they are alive.
- Doctors are suppose to save lives, not take them, according to the oath they take.
But all of that being said, abortion is not a form of birth control. It should only be used in special cases where the abortion of the child would be better to them and the family, not just because you don't want to have a child, or because you decided to do bad things with some one when you were way to young to be doing so.