Blended Learning in the Classroom
New BLiC Cohort for Winter/Spring 2016
Blended Learning in the Classroom (BLiC) training begins January 11, 2016
Once again this winter and spring, the REMC organization will be sponsoring the online course "Blended Learning in the Classroom (BLiC)," The course is for instructors who want to increase student engagement in classrooms and effectively blend online and technology-rich elements within their classrooms incorporating online elements. You won't want to miss opportunity!
The Blended Learning in the Classroom course is for all types of educators - administrators, teachers of all subjects, teachers of all levels! Participate in this 16 week opportunity to begin transforming their classrooms.
As a participants, teachers will engage with a learning cohort in a blended course and begin developing their own blended learning environment to implement with their students.
- Learn with a small cohort of fellow educators
- Engage in learning, application, review, and revision
- Develop blended lessons in their existing classrooms
- Submit artifacts to their cohort for sharing and improving
BLiC Teacher Enrollments
- Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools
- Davison Community Schools
- Genesee Intermediate School District
- LakeVille Community School District
- Swartz Creek Community School District
- Westwood Heights Schools
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: One Face-to-Face Session...the rest of the course is Online!
- Registration Opens November 30, 2015 for Instructors
- January 11 - BLiC Course Begins with course Orientation and Module 1
- January 13, 2016, (4:00 pm - 6:30 pm): Only ONE (1) Face-to-face Session (required) scheduled at the Genesee ISD Davis Education Center!
- January 14 - May 13, 2016: Course continues online with virtual sessions scheduled at the one and only face-to-face session.
- 62 SCECH Credits for those who complete the course for just $10.00!!!
- ONLY one (1) face-to-face session, the remainder of the course is online using a learning management system.
- Regularly scheduled webinars/virtual sessions to meet with instructors and colleagues in the course! Dates and Times will be set at the Face-to-Face Session based on what will work best for all!
Martin Jennings, Instructional Technologist at the Genesee County Area and Jerilyn Williams, Technology Specialist in the Washetenaw County Area, will be instructing and facilitating the Winter/Spring 2016 BLiC course.