Girl Scout Troop 2219
Welcome Back Newsletter
Calling all Brownies!
We are welcoming some new girls to the troop this year! Many moms have reached out to us because they want their girls to share the experiences our girls have had. The experiences we had is what makes Girl Scouts so meaningful, and we hope to give more girls the opportunity to be involved and become leaders. New moms can contact us with any questions.
Brownie Kickoff at the ART SPOT
Please join us next Saturday morning at 11am at the "Art Spot" at the Tampa Museum of Art! Afterwards, the girls can have a picnic and play at Curtis Hixon park. The girls will have fun being artists in the Museum’s Golding-Scher Classroom. The free drop-in program offers the girls a chance to make art projects inspired by works of art on display in the galleries. There is a facilitator-guided project that will entertain the girls while parents meet and match calendars.
What: First Brownie Gathering (bring your own picnic/lunch for your child)
When: Saturday, September 12th at 11am
Where: Tampa Museum of Art, 120 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602
***The Art Spot is located on the South Side of the building adjacent to the main entrance. It is not inside the museum.
Parent Meeting Too
In order for Girl Scout troops to be sustainable and successful, it takes a village to keep things going! Parent involvement is KEY to the success of our troop! Best of all, the girls love seeing their parents be involved with Girl Scouts. We will share how important your role as a Girl Scout parent is, in addition to sharing our trips and meeting plans for the fall.
While the girls are painting, parents will meet at the cafe outside of the Tampa Art Museum. Please bring your calendar and feel free to purchase coffee or drinks at the cafe for yourself. Also, please bring your checkbook for annual dues.
We do apologize for the late notice, however there is always an adjustment period at the beginning of each school year. If any parents cannot attend at 11am, we can review information with you if you are able to arrive after lunch time. Or, coordinate directly with us for information.
What to Expect this Year
Our first meeting will be held on September 23rd, however if we do need to hold a meeting at church, we will plan on the 3rd Wednesday of the scheduled month. There will be months where we will combine the "meeting" with the scheduled field trip.
Girl Scout Cleanup
Our troop has an opportunity to participate in our first clean up to make an impact in the community! This is certainly optional, given it is so early in the year and short notice. Girls who attend will earn a Girl Scout Badge. Our troop is registered, and we hope to get some girls out there to make a difference.
- What: Keeping Tampa Bay Beautiful Hillsborough River & Coastal Cleanup
- Where: Davis Islands Sea Plane Basin Park
- When: Saturday, September 19th 8:30am-11:30am
- What To Bring
• Protective footwear (close-toed)
* Trash bags, water and soft gloves are provided. Promotional giveaways available while supplies last.*
Mark Your Calendars
*We plan to go on more field trips this year! As a result, we hope to combine our "meetings" with our field trips. If we do meet at church, we plan on settling on the 3rd Wednesday a scheduled month (except for September).
- September 19: Optional Hillsborough River & Coastal Cleanup 8:30-11:30
- September 23: Troop Meeting at Church TBA
- October TBA: Meeting & Rededication Ceremony
- October TBA: Weedon Island Family Field Trip & Troop Meeting
- FALL OR SPRING TBA: Girl Scout Sleepover at Aquarium (pending girl vote)
- November TBA: Operation Christmas Child & Swaps Family Gathering
- November TBA: Family Field Trip & Troop Meeting at Lettuce Lake Park
- December TBA: Family Trip to Singing Rivers Eco Boat Tour at Withlacoochee & Rainbow River, Dunnellon
- December TBA: Cookie Training for new Cookie Moms (Katie Cappy & Mercee Glew)