Here's the Scoop
Hamilton Ridge News & Events September 2022
A Note from Mr. F
Welcome to another school year! The Hamilton Ridge Staff is excited to be partnering with each of you in the education of your children. Our staff returned on Monday and have been spending the week preparing for our students. And…they are awesome!
One thing we will be working on this year is telling our school’s story using Social Media. We invite you to follow us using one of the platforms listed below. You never know when your child or your child’s class will be highlighted. The posts will be identical so don’t feel like you need to follow more than one account. Look us up, follow us, and give us lots of likes!
Thank you to families for all you have done to prepare your children for the first day of school. Today’s communication is longer than usual, but I ask that you read through everything because it will help your child have a smoother start to the school year. Here are links for our Back to School Policies and Procedures and Drop off/ Pick Up Map.
Looking forward to next week!
Thank you for your efforts to ensure your child comes to school each day ready to learn. It is this partnership, between families and the school, that provides the best learning and school experiences for children. Research shows that absenteeism in the first month of school can predict poor attendance throughout the school year. Half of the students who miss 2-4 days in September will go on to miss nearly a month of school.
On August 25, all enrolled families received an email at 4:00 p.m. indicating teachers have been assigned and are available to view in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Please be sure you are able to log into Infinite Campus. If you need assistance with Infinite Campus, please contact the IT Help Desk. The Hamilton Ridge Office cannot reset passwords.
We Need You - Lunchroom Volunteers!
Hamilton Ridge Families, We are looking for volunteers to assist students with their lunch codes during the first few weeks of school. If you are able, please sign up below! Thank you!
Welcome and Assessment Day Visits
On September 6 or 7, all students in grades K-5 will meet with their assigned teacher individually for approximately 30 minutes. This time will be spent getting to know students and their families. Please bring all school supplies to the appointment. There will not be a evening Back to School Night event.
During the appointment, Grades 1-5 will also take a literacy assessment. Assessment results will give teachers the data they need to target instruction for students from the first day of the school year.
Please follow the link below to sign up for an appointment with your child's assigned teacher if you have not already done so.
School supply lists - Grades K-5
End of Day Plan for Your Child
Attendance Line 952-461-7801
The Parent/Student Handbook contains information regarding district and building rules, policies, procedures and expectations. It should serve as a resource for you to access throughout the school year. In order to begin the school year with an understanding of expectations for daily conduct, we ask that you review the sections of the Parent/Student Handbook listed below with your child(ren). We greatly appreciate the time you spend to assure an understanding of building expectations.
2022-23 School Meals Information
In June, the federally funded waivers enacted during the pandemic providing free meals for all students ended. Meal prices for all grade levels will remain the same as they were pre-pandemic and are located on our website here. Students will begin using their PIN numbers once again, these PIN numbers are located in School Cafe and in Infinite Campus, all accessible in the Parent Portal on our website here. Your students PIN number will also be available in the classroom at the Welcome Visit and Assessment Days.
In order to qualify for free and reduced price meals an Application for Educational Benefits must be filled out yearly and is also located on our website and in the School Cafe app.
Annual Update - Please Complete
We are asking all parents of current students to complete the Annual Update in Infinite Campus for each child before the first day of school. It is important to update or confirm your information so we can communicate with you about important events including emergencies and school closures. If your child has not yet attended school at PLSAS, you do not need to complete this update.
- Log into Campus Parent on a computer (the update cannot be completed on a mobile device). https://priorlake-savagemn.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/priorlakesavage.jsp
- Click "More" in the left navigation menu
- Click "Online Registration" in the bottom-middle of the page
- For families already enrolled, Online Registration means updating or confirming all information in our system
- Select "Click here to go to Annual Update"
- Click "Begin Registration" and follow the steps to verify or update all information.
- You must verify or update all fields for all children in order to submit the update.
Click here for annual update instructions with screenshots.
If you have questions about the Annual Update, or if you have never logged in to Infinite Campus, please contact Lynn Wieczorek, Data Systems Specialist at (952) 226-0062 or email@example.com
Hamilton Ridge Student Directory
Hamilton Ridge PTC Update
Hello from the PTC!
We are excited for the new school year! A few updates for you:
A few links to bookmark:
- Take a look at our new website! It includes updates, sign-ups and more. We'd love to stay in touch with you: https://hr_ptc.mailchimpsites.com/
- Fill out your info for the 2022-2023 student directory! This is completely voluntary and will be separated by class once school has started. We'll send out a few more reminders, too. https://forms.gle/GNLAeybTnCtNK4We7
- Get your Hamilton Ridge or all-district spirit gear here: https://hamiiltonridgeelementary.itemorder.com/shop/sale/. Proceeds from every order come right back to the school!
- Follow us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/hamiltonridgeptc
Our first meeting of the year is Tuesday, Sept. 13, at 6:30 p.m. If the weather is nice, we might even sit outside. We'll talk about plans for the upcoming year, introduce you to new PTC officers and talk help in different areas. We'd love your ideas, help and volunteer spirit. Note: meetings are usually the first Tuesday of the month with exception of a few this year. All the more reason to keep tabs on the website and Facebook!
Have a great year - we can't wait to work with you!
Mark Your Calendar
- September 6 & 7 Grade K - 5 Welcome & Assessment Days
- September 8 First Day of School - School Hours 9:20am-3:50pm
- October 6 Fall Picture Day
- October 19 No School - Staff In-service Meetings
- October 20-21 No School - MEA Break
- November 15 Fall Picture Retake Day
- November 11 No School - Staff Work Day
- November 15, 17 & 21 Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 23 - 25 No School - Thanksgiving Break
- December 22 - January 2, 2023 No School - Winter Break
- January 3 Classes Resume
Student School Hours 9:20 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Main Office Hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.Attendance Line 952-461-7801
Main Office 952-461-7800
Fax Number 952-461-7849
Health Office 952-461-7806, Tiffany St. Michaels, LPN firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Fredrickson, Principal email@example.com
Lindsay Comstock, Dean of Students firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirsten Schoeller, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Beverley Null, Administrative Assistant (attendance) firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Carin, Social Worker email@example.com
IT Help Desk 952-226-0048 or firstname.lastname@example.org
District Transportation 952-226-0050 or email@example.com
Prior Lake Bus Company (after hours) 952-440-1166