Investigating the flow of liquids
By Genesis, Matthew, Kyle and Salih
To test the rate at which different fluids flow.
1. Measure out 30mls of each liquid.
2. Set your stop watch to zero.
3. Tip one liquid at a time from the top of the ramp. Remember to communicate with your group to ensure the timer starts as you tip the liquid
4. Let the liquid flow for the set time you have decided and measure the distance travelled.
5. Record your results in the table.
6. Repeat for each type of liquid, recording your results as you go
7. Clean your ramp for the next test.
8. Tip one liquid down at a time how long it takes to reach the bottom.
9. Record your results in the table.
10. Repeat for each type of liquid, recording your results as you go
11. Record each group’s results as they become available
12. Using the calculator, determine the mean distance and speed for each liquid.
***Remember to video and take pictures during your investigation for later use.