Off the Shelf...
@ the Kirkwood Library
The school year is off to a great start and the library is bustling with all kinds of activity! We hope this year will be better than ever at the Kirkwood Library and we have lots in store for your child this year!
- We vow to promote and provide the very best children's literature to your child with activities and lessons designed to help student's enjoy the stories even more.
- We will do our best to get (or keep) your children "hooked on reading" by recommending specific reading materials to each individual based on their needs an interests.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and technology skills specifically suited to their developmental & curricular needs.
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including author visits, a book fair, Book-It! Reading Program and much much more! Look for more information in this newsletter and the Kirkwood News.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We'd love to have you.
Library Checkout...Come One Come All!
Every class has one checkout day per week. Books should be returned by the day listed below for their class. If books are returned sooner your child is ALWAYS welcome to come and check our new books and we are happy to help before and after school as well!
Hello! I'm Mrs. Chamberlain, the librarian at Kirkwood Elementary. This is my 4th year teaching at Kirkwood and my 5th year as a teacher librarian. A little bit about me...
- I live in Riverside, IA with my husband Todd and my 5 month old son Lincoln
- I have a background in Art education and love to incorporate "craftivities" into my lessons whenever possible.
- I love using technology in my home life and I especially love using it with my students.
- I am a bit of a Harry Potter fanatic!
- I am a firm believer in reading a book before seeing the movie
- I love books and reading...I'm sure you are surprised!