February 15-Mariner Matters
Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Ann Landers
Digital Learning Day-Wednesday
The link Taryn sent out earlier is attached. Please review for ideas or just new ideas. Please let me know if you need anything.
District Walk Through-Thursday
1. "I Can" statements posted where they can be seen if you are standing in the back of the room.
2. Anchor charts are relevant to what is currently happening in the classroom.
3. Transition times are quick.
4. Worksheets should be limited and contain more than fill in the blank type answers.
5. Teachers and instructional assistants - Teach from your feet instead of your seat.
6. Any assistant in the room should be actively involved in the classroom lesson and not be sitting at a desk.
Instructional Assistant Meeting-Thursday
Tier plan update due
April staff meeting
I appreciate everyone for trying their best in getting appointents after school. I do realize that it is not always possible to do, and I realize that you may need to leave a little early to get to an appointment. As we come down the home stretch, please be mindful of staff absences as we would do with students.
National Engineers Week
We would like all of the activities to be connected in some way. Each grade level would be given a field of engineering to focus on for the week. This is what they read about, write about, do math with,...etc. This leads to a grade level challenge to complete on Friday. The “winning” things can be put in the display case with an explanation of what they did and what they learned. Defined STEM has many resources for culminating projects!
Kindergarten - Environmental
1st: Civil Engineering
2nd: Audio Engineering
3rd: Biomedical Engineering
4th: Chemical Engineering
5th: Aerospace Engineering