By Kellie Smith and Siobhan Ross
What is Schizophrenia?
What are some signs and symptoms of schizophrenia?
Some symptoms of schizophrenia is:
- Delusions- are a when the person thinks they have a love relationship, getting abused, having abilities or being famous.
- Hallucinations- Seeing or hearing things that dont exist. This is the most common symptom.
- Disorganized thinking- Having meaningless words that cant be understood and talking nonsense
Some Signs of schizophrenia is:
social withdrawal, depression, forgetful, inability to cry or express joy, or irrational statements.
Facts on Schizophrenia
Five facts on Schizophrenia are:
1% of the population will develop schizophrenia. (2.2 million americans).
A brain disorder that affects the way a person thinks, acts, expresses emotions, relates to others and has an imagination of reality.
The five types of schizophrenia is paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated and residual.
About 10% of people with schizophrenia commit suicide and are more likely to have a drug or alcohol abuse problem.
Treatments such as taking medication participating in therapy and being hospitalized can reduce symptoms.
3 ways to show good mental and emotional health
3 ways to show good mental and emotional health is:
Think before you act you might get carried away and regret something.
At least eight hours of sleep at night.
Take care of your body by exercising regularly and eating healthy meals such as fruits, vegetables, meats ext.
Why is self-esteem important?
Self esteem is important because it will make you feel good about yourself and everything you do. What affects your self esteem is your physical development, appearance, popularity, grades ext.
3 ways to improve self esteem?
3 ways to improve self esteem is:
- not compare yourself to others
- be confident
- focus on the things you can change