Don Tyson School of Innovation - September 1, 2020
Phoenix Fly First Week Back!
The first few days focused on instruction for the new procedures needed for this school year. All students participated in lessons and activities learning about proper mask etiquette, procedures for cafeterias, restrooms, hallways, and zones to promote social distancing. Student IDs, Chromebooks, and masks purchased by the District were distributed.
We are also arming our students with the tools they need if for some reason they must learn from home. Students learned about expectations for students, as well as teachers, and given a mainstay of tools that would be used if, at any time, off campus learning is required.
By all of us working together, we will have the safest, most accessible, engaging learning opportunities possible at Don Tyson School of Innovation!
Virtual Innovation Academy
All Things Virtual
Kindergarten through fifth grade Meet the Teacher and Take Flight Bag pickup will be the week of September 21st, see details below. We will post times and locations next week and teachers will email the learning coaches as well. We can wait to see all of our students!
Thank you for being patient as we get this year rolling for our virtual students. We are looking forward to a great year.
- 9th-12th grades drop-off/pick-up at the front EAST entrance doors.
- 6th-8th drive further and take the left fork to drop-off/pick-up in front of the cafeteria.
- **Note: If you have a 6th-8th grader and an older student, your older student should walk to the 6th-8th grade pick up area to join the younger student.
- 6th-8th grades use the WEST side office facing Hylton Rd.
- 9th-12th use the EAST (NEW) building office.
- If you have students across both grade bands, you may drop/check out at either office.
Doors open at 7:30AM.
- Students go to their designated cafeteria, designated common areas, or first block class.
Covid-19 Response Update
In an effort to be very transparent, timely, and accurate with our staff and community, the Springdale School District has a Covid-19 Response website dedicated to keeping families and the community informed. The website is go.sdale.org/covid. The website has information and links for reporting.
Process of Notification
Daily Covid-19 case numbers for the district
Don Tyson School of Innovation will always notify you by email if we have positive cases in our building.
Social Studies Tolerance Boot Camp
Congratulations to our Award Winning Teachers!
Dr. Marian Hendrickson, Social Studies
Arkansas Daughters of the American Revolution Teacher of the Year
Lori Hanlon, new Assistant Choir Director
Ozark Junior High Teacher of the Year
John Vinzant, new Assistant Band Director
2020 Recipient of the Ray & Ruth Brandon Memorial Scholarship
We are PROUD you are part of our #PhoenixFam!