John F. Kennedy Learning Center
Week of April 4, 2016
Round 1 of STAAR IS COMPLETE .........THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
I don't know where to start, but I will give it a try....
- Thank you teachers for all of your hard work in preparing our students!
- Thank you to the ladies who helped prepare for the pep rally, Ms. T. Davis, Ms. Blatnik, and Ms. Carrillo. This included decorating the auditorium, organizing the pep rally lineup and parade, and ensuring the student snack bags were taken care of. Thank you so much for your hard work!
- Thank you to Ms. Flores, Ms. Louden, and Mr. Longoria who assisted in preparing the student snack bags (all 120 of them)!
- Thank you to Ms. Euteneier for preparing our cheerleaders for the pep rally, as usual they were amazing!
- Thank you teachers for participating in the the pep rally with your hilarious skits, and for a wonderful parade full of enthusiasm and encouragement!
- Last, but certainly not least......thank you Ms. L. Davis and Ms. Ajose for everything you did to ensure we had a smooth STAAR experience! This was your first time as test coordinators, but you both pulled it off quite well! (You both need a good laugh, check out a video online created by teachers at Briscoe Middle School in Texas. If you type in STAAR Hello, it should pop up. I think you will enjoy it, and anyone else who takes a look as well!)
Now for a few photos...
Our awesome cheerleaders!
Our teachers performing their skits and motivating our students!
Our Gen Ed teachers having some fun! Ms. Kersh had an awesome country accent! I just know she was having fun with it! Oh, and Ms. Hamby doing the "Quan", that was hilarious!!! Ms. Respass, had quite the attitude! Let's not forget Coach with his Steve Urkel attire! Hehe!
Perfect message, Dr. Rodriguez!
Ms. Newball is not playing around!
Checkout Ms. Mora, pulling out some dance moves for the rally!!!
Our awesome parents performing their skit, they did a SUPER job!
It's been a while since we have had Saturday school (Spring Break and Easter weekend), however we resumed with a bang! Students worked hard and had a blast doing so!
Reminders and Events...
- Extended-day tutorials have resumed, as well as Saturday School.
- Pre-K round-up will take place all week, please share with friends and family...we have spots available!!!
- ACP testing for art will take place this week, this will be done during specials when students attend art class.
- Thursday- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Friday- Kinder Field Trip
- JFK 20 Yrs Committee will meet, date and time TBD
- Saturday- ACP Film Festival
- Extended Observation Season has begun!