By Camille Bassett
What is Malware:
Definition: Malware is any malicious computer software.
Types of Malware:
- A virus is a destructive program that copies itself. Viruses need contact to spread. The virus does whatever the program wants it to do within the computer.
2. Trojan Horses
- A Trojan Horse is another malicious software that seems legitimate but actually allows someone else to access the computer.
- Spyware is a program that secretly obtains personal information from a computer. The computer owner often does not know it is in the computer.
How To Avoid Malware
- Antivirus Software
- Download an Antivirus Software and let it run all the time. Update the software when needed.
- A Firewall controls what can connect to a computer and what that computer can connect to. This limits the Malicious programs that can get into a computer.
3. Common Sense
- Do not click on unidentified links or download unrecognized email attachments.