October K-2 Newsletter
Curricular Overviews & Seesaw Reminders
- With routines now established, we are beginning to shift our focus to greater academic use of Seesaw. We are working to develop students' expressive written and verbal language, so the use of emojis is strongly discouraged. Students are encouraged to use their words to express their thinking when participating in an academic task.
- As you utilize Seesaw to communicate with families, please remember to use the Announcements feature for non-academic information, and keep the "Post to Student Journal" items to academic work.
Seesaw in Your PJ's -- Flextime Opportunity!
- Seesaw PD in your PJ's can be used for district flex time.
- You will receive a certificate upon completion of the webinar.
K-2 Curricular Overviews
The documents have been added to your grade level's folder in the WCASD Elementary Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment group resources on Schoology.
First 20 Days of School Feedback
If you are interested in working on revising the documents over the summer, please email Jenni Southmayd (email@example.com).
With the first 20 days of school are behind us, we are seeking your feedback. We hope the resource was helpful as you planned instruction for the first few weeks, and we would like your ideas to improve it for future years.
Teacher iPad Expectations
Teachers with a district-provided iPad are to complete the Apple Teacher Program by March 6, 2018 (end of the 2nd trimester). The Apple Teacher Program provides teachers with professional development in navigating and using the device instructionally. Teachers may submit their hours for flex time.
Please click here for more information regarding the district expectations.
Need support completing the Apple Teacher Program?
- These are drop-in sessions--feel free to come and work as long as you need!
- The elementary instructional technology coordinator will provide support and model any tools utilized in the program as needed.
- There will be snacks!
- Reminder: Time spent completing the Apple Teacher Program can be used for flex time.
WHERE: Spellman Technology Training Room (upstairs--Rm. 251)
WHEN: 3:30-5:00 -- drop-in sessions!
- November 1
- November 15
- December 4
- December 12
- January 10
- January 22
For more information about Proactive Press specifically with Twitter, check out the district's guide: Tweet All About It!
Coming up in November...
- Instructional Technology Family Nights to share the instructional technology being infused in our elementary classrooms. The nights will be split between K-2 and 3-5 and focus on the tools utilized within each grade level band. Dates coming soon!
- November's focus is utilizing technology in small group instruction!