Oregon State University
Community Volunteer Work/Training
- Campus Field Trips: Get comfortable with the campus
- SE SEY (Summer Experience in Science & Engineering for Youth): Free camp at OSU for high school women to pair up with a faculty member and work on a mini engineering project to
- STEM Academy Classes: Hands-on experience for what's in best interest
Paying for College
- Located in Mid-Northwest Oregon; OSU is a 4-year public school that has very well known programs in agricultural sciences (one of their top three priority areas) as well as 17 Agricultural Experiment Stations.
- $98,372 total cost for 4 years of on campus education
- Admissions: Transcripts, Test scores, Citizenship documents, etc.
- Enrollment: 27,920 students (23,157 undergraduate) with a 23:1 student/teacher ratio.
- Located in Corvallis, Oregon.
- Whiteside Theatre, Mountain Bike Safari, Corvallis Market, Downtown Corvallis, etc.
- No extreme weather, rainy and never too hot/cold.
- An hour from the Pacific Coast, two hours from the Cascades, an hour and a half from the city of Portland, less than an hour from OSU to get to Marys Peak for hiking.
Paying for College
- I plan to pay through Federal Grants and my mom's employee tuition waver, as well as applying for scholarships or using my mom's boyfriend's military GI Bill.
- FAFSA deadline: Federal-June 30th, 2016 or updated by September 17th, 2016. State-March 1st, 2015. Oregon State University- January 15th, 2015.
- I plan to apply for academic based and music scholarships.
Achieving Post High School Goal(s)
- My goals during my next few years of high school: Getting as much credit as possible, start taking extra courses online to get a head-start, and keeping my GPA above average.
- Classes I'll take to help achieve my goals: Drafting, Agriculture, Algebra 2, and Psychology.